(Complete) The Last Nestorian King -- CK2 w/CharlDLC 769

Started by JasonPratt, October 15, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

well done?

excellent tale, learn from lessons and try again or onto a new bizarre corner fo the world?

JasonPratt

I may go back and do the Faroes, though if I do I'll take some time to figure out how to lightly hack the starting position so that they'll be pagan (as they certainly were at the new starting date, not Catholic) and have at least one shipyard (as they certainly would, being an island nation of ex-patriat Scandanavians.)

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at being the last King of Israel either, down in the mountains of Africa, though I'll probably get steamrolled early by Ethiopia or maybe Kassala (which is what happened in my game above).

Another possibility is one of the pagan kings of Africa over on the west coast.

Or one of the far northern kingdoms perhaps; not Iceland, but up at the Kola peninsula or to one side or other.

I wouldn't mind restarting Socotra, but I seriously don't know what I could do there other than offer fealty to someone else. I may reload/restart from the earliest save and look at whether it's feasible at all to try for a Berber reconquest. Possibly with a light file hack to give me a shipyard start.

First though I'm going to BE VICTORY as the Russian space minister in Buzz Aldrin's new game. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Nice job, Jason.  An entertaining/informative read as usual, and yoyou certainly did better than I could!  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces