Around the World in 268 Flights

Started by PanzersEast, November 11, 2014, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I have finally begun my journey around the world flying FSX after installed all of the ORBX terrain, and mesh etc.... I have started my journey. I began by scoping out where and how I want to fly until I came across a Website that planned out a flight by flight trip and after looking at the flight path I decided to do it.

I will be flying in different prop planes and I may fly a jet or two along the way, however primarily B-17, B-19, DC-3, DC-6, Cessna, Beechcraft etc.... all types of modern and classic planes.

First flight was the B-29 Superfortress from Oceano, California (L52) to Half Moon Bay, California (KHAF).  Flight time should be right around 1 hour.  Weather was party cloudy and relatively calm.  We prepped the plane at dawn for the short flight over and lifted off around 0640.  The short runway proved to be a challenge, however we were light and we took off into the dawn sky. 

We touched down a little over an hour later in KHAF without issue and the flight was non eventful with good scenery outside the cockpit.  Next flight will take us from Half Moon Bay, California (KHAF) to Reno Stead, Nevada (4SD).

FLIGHT 001
Oceano, California (L52) ----> Half Moon Bay, California (KHAF)

BanzaiCat

Tuna

I was gonna try the same thing with the B-17.. .No Time Acceleration since that screws up the gas consumption big time.

I haven't done it in a month or two.. but here's what I did so far

kbos cyqx cyyt lpla lppd

So basically Boston to Newfoundland,  Then some Islands in the Atlantic.. Originally I was trying for Ireland, but with the winds I was facing did not make it seem reachable to me, so I diverted to lpla. Next trip I may try for Spain.

I don't have Global Orbx so won't get pretty until I'm almost home to the Pacific NW (OBRX).

Love your screenshots, makes me want to take the B-29 for a spin!

PanzersEast

FLIGHT 002
Half Moon Bay, California (KHAF) ------> Reno Stead, NV(4Sd)

Keeping with the bomber theme I flew the B-25J from Half Moon Bay over to Reno Stead.  Was able to fly over the Golden State Bridge and the weather was a slight overcast with good visibility and a little wind.

Tuna

OK...  Where did you get that one!  O0

PanzersEast

PanzersEast

FLIGHT 003
Reno Stead, NV(4Sd)------> Walla Walla, WA (KALW)

Next leg of the flight with the CS C-130J flying from 4SD to KALW.  Pretty uneventful flight with a slight cross wind and decreased vis at KALW.

JasonPratt

So, when you say "around the world", are you going to cross both poles?

Because that would be pretty awesome.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

PanzersEast

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 17, 2014, 03:51:59 PM
So, when you say "around the world", are you going to cross both poles?

Because that would be pretty awesome.  :smitten:

This set of flight plans does not take me that far, but I may have to do that as it sounds like some fun flights.

PE

jomni

PanzersEast

Quote from: jomni on December 16, 2014, 08:02:20 PM
Gorgeous shots. More please.

I plan on doing some more flights over the holidays... I had my PS go out and just had it replaced so I am back up and running.  ;)

PE

JasonPratt

Just curious how this project has been going. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dammit Carl!

Always admired someone who flys an e-plane for real; I just take 'em up, try to shoot the other guy and wind up a expensive lawn dart more often than not.

Request a B-36 Peacemaker for one of your flight legs if possible!