CMBS Jomni vs UCG - NO GEEK!!!!!!

Started by jomni, April 09, 2015, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

I'm afraid my report won't be as detailed or as witty as the other ARR's.   But let's give it a try.

This is a small meeting engagement.  The basic battle plan for my Ukrainian forces is to rush to the objective and hunker down.  My single tank, FO vehicle and ATGM guys will watch the open fields on our left flank.  Our three mechanized infantry platoons in their cool-looking BTR4's will occupy Alpha, Bravo and Charlie.  I am at a disadvantage because these are walled compounds.  I need to blow up the walls with autocannon fire before I can get in.

The battle opens with disaster.  2 BTR4's of my ATGM platoon are destroyed by AFV / IFV's at the other end of the road.  Luckily, my ATGM guys are dismounted at the start of the battle.

On my left flank.  The FO vehicle gets destroyed by a Russian tank.  My Bulat fires back and only causes armor spalling.  The Russian tank deploys smoke and hides behind the ridge.

Outside compound Charlie, we encounter Russian BTRs and dismounts to the woods on our right.  We able to destroy 2 BTRs and probably got a few troops.

BTR4 breaches the wall of compound Bravo.

By this time we have secured all three compounds.  The troops at compound Alpha spots a Russian BMP and fires their RPG twice.  Both attacks were thwarted by APS. The BMP retreats into the woods and went to the center of town.

We sense some vehicles moving in the far right.  My vehicles will be ready to face a possible flanking attack.

Back in compound Alpha, my command team was supposed to plot a mortar attack on a Russian vehicle.  Due to lack of fire discipline (actually I did not set them to hide), they shot at Russian soldiers crossing the street.  I don't think they were able to hit any infantry but their bullets ricocheted on the two IFVs.

As expected, we get shot at.  One member of the command team gets hit.

In Compound Charlie, my BTR4 blows up another wall and reveals a door. My boys will be going into this building.

Con

That is some funky looking camo on those BTR4s.  I am assuming it is a mod?  Where are you getting most of your mods for CMBS these days?

Thanks
Con

JasonPratt

Heh, blurry pixel camo!! I bet in IR at night (or similar detection devices) that looks quite a mess.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Quote from: Con on April 09, 2015, 10:22:22 AM
That is some funky looking camo on those BTR4s.  I am assuming it is a mod?  Where are you getting most of your mods for CMBS these days?

Thanks
Con

Notice also the Russian 3-tone cammo.  Default is just green.

Kiemes modding thread is 27 pages now. Lots of vehicle paints scattered all over the thread. :P

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117795-kiemes-modding-corner/page-27

jomni

The action in Compound Charlie continues.  A BTR4 gets hit by RPG which I assume came from that house.

My guys in Compound Charlie take out an APC as well.

The rest of the turn was spent engaging infantry in the house on the far right and the woods.  A tank seems to be lurking in the area.

jomni

I haven't posted for a while so I will group all reports based on the location: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie.  Chronology may be messed up but the storytelling will be better.

Current situation is a stalemate.  We have moved into the center row of blocks but only manage to hold Alpha1.  My guys attacking Bravo1 and Charlie1 are beaten back.
Several vehicles are getting destroyed on both sides on the left and right flanks.  But I count more Russian wrecks than Ukrainian.

jomni

The action at Alpha sector:

Due reported tanks on the right flank.  I was encouraged to move my tank guarding the left flank forward.  Well it wasn't a good plan.  Something hit the tank and destroyed it.

I move two BTR4 on the road at the left of Compound Alpha and they were able to destroy two Russian BTRs and a HMG section.

We then see a large calibre round fly over our BTR4s.  A Russian BMP pops out and we fire back with an ATGM.  The missle was intercepted by APS which has proven to be very effective in this battle.

But we were quicker to use our auto-cannons.  Hopefully, we destroy that APC.

jomni

The action at Bravo sector.

Infantry guarding Bravo fires an RPG at a BMP but gets intercepted.

BTR4 fires on a building with suspected infantry.

They continue to move forward to engage the BMP but fails.

Infantry squad that moved into Bravo1 gets into trouble.  They will soon retreat back to Bravo.

While our infantry squad on the left building fires on a Russian HMG team, our squad on the right gets pounded by BMP.  We were able to escape and move to the next building.  Since that BMP is on area fire against that building, I ordered two BTR4s to engage it hoping that it would not react.  Let's see what happens in the following turns.

jomni

The action at Charlie sector.

Russian infantry holed up in the house at the right of Charlie makes a run for it.

Russian BTR fires at the second level of Charlie and we take casualties.  The few survivors retreat back to the first level.

While my BTR4 fires on the building to flush out the infantry (area fire).  The Russian BTR deals several penetrating hits.  The driver is killed while all systems are destroyed.  But there was no explosion and the gunner abandons the vehicle.

My other BTR4 on the far right silences the Russian APC.

Squad in Charlie1 retreats as they take fire.

Con

Ohh I like the blur effect.  I would like to try that one myself.  How did you achieve it?

Thanks
Con

jomni

Quote from: Con on April 17, 2015, 07:06:47 PM
Ohh I like the blur effect.  I would like to try that one myself.  How did you achieve it?

Thanks
Con

I post my pictures in Google+.  They have some filters and other effects.

JasonPratt

I was about to ask what you were doing for the grainy-overexposed film effect. (I mean that as a compliment. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!