Main Menu

Heinlein

Started by bayonetbrant, August 12, 2015, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

There is an Amber diceless RPG.  Not sure if it's sanctioned or not.  And it's definitely not D&D.

And I'm with ya', Doc.  Trumps would be sweeeeeeet!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: besilarius on September 03, 2015, 05:26:36 PM
A certain major RPG game company (which is not functional at this time) supposedly had a handshake with Zelazny to do a really in depth Amber RPG.
Since the family in Amber were based on a D&D group that Zelazny played in, this would have been ultra nerd cool.

Made mention of this in another thread, so sorry if I sound like my nutty Aunt who says the same thing multiple times, but Lords of Gossamer and Shadow (by Rite Publishing) is a kind-of-sort-of successor to the old Amber RPG game - it too is diceless and pulls from the Amber influence with its own twists and the author of the game has good Amber pedigree. 

Sorry; don't mean to derail too much here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2015, 07:31:53 PMThere is an Amber diceless RPG.  Not sure if it's sanctioned or not.  And it's definitely not D&D.

it was sanctioned when the other deal fell thru
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2015, 07:31:53 PM
There is an Amber diceless RPG.  Not sure if it's sanctioned or not.  And it's definitely not D&D.

It is authorized.  I own both sets of rule books.

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2015, 07:31:53 PM

Trumps & Teleporters would be awesome!

One of my favorite Zelazny Quotes:
"I trust him like a brother.  Which is to say, not at all."