Gamersgate lose their domain?

Started by -budd-, November 05, 2015, 09:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

It's not coming up for me, just some site that looks like a domain hosting site.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Bison

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

it's showing up now, tried for a half hour no go. That was weird.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Philippe

I'm getting a weird site when I try to go to Gamersgate.

I used to worry about the safety of my collection of games on Steam,  but given Steam's size that's not really much of an issue.

I'm not pleased with this because I'm realizing that my Gamersgate collection is vulnerable.

If it ever comes back, I guess this means I should download all my games and store them on an external.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Huw the Poo

It's working fine here in the UK, for what it's worth.

Rayfer

Just tried to get on here in the Mid-West, USA....doesn't work, can't get on.

Barthheart

Just tried here in the Great White North and it works fine.

Philippe

It seems to be working again. 

If that was site maintenance, I wish they would do something about their bandwidth.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

IronX

Still not working in the GWN Western Theatre, however.

Edit: But now it is.

Nefaro

Staggerwing

Still 5 by 5 in Southern New England.

Boggit

Quote from: Philippe on November 06, 2015, 07:21:44 AM
I'm not pleased with this because I'm realizing that my Gamersgate collection is vulnerable.

If it ever comes back, I guess this means I should download all my games and store them on an external.
I already have done this. Just bear in mind it takes a LOT of space, which was one reason to feel all warm and fuzzy about GG storing a copy for you. That said, a lot of the games are Mac games for the wife and kids, and they are NOT stored offline, so I'm hoping GG stays alive and well.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat