Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Modelling and Miniatures

Epic 40,000?

(1/3) > >>

LongBlade:
Has anyone got any experience with Epic 40,000?

It looks like (sit down for this one) an affordable Warhammer 40k game: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Epic-40000

Like I need a new hobby, but dang those models look hawt.

Anyone seen this? How big are the minis?

Jarhead0331:
I played epic back in the 1980s when it was first released.  My understanding is that it was discontinued long ago.  All of my models were plastic and back then, there really wasn't too much variety, especially in vehicles.  Landraiders, Rhinos, Predators, Land Speeders, Leman Russ tanks, etc. and that's about it for imperial forces.  There were some really impressive custom jobs for titans and the super heavy battle tanks.  Eventually, I do believe GW released more models, but I think it was towards the end of Epic's short lifespan.

LongBlade:

--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 04, 2012, 03:19:39 PM ---I played epic back in the 1980s when it was first released.  My understanding is that it was discontinued long ago.  All of my models were plastic and back then, there really wasn't too much variety, especially in vehicles.  Landraiders, Rhinos, Predators, Land Speeders, Leman Russ tanks, etc. and that's about it for imperial forces.  There were some really impressive custom jobs for titans and the super heavy battle tanks.  Eventually, I do believe GW released more models, but I think it was towards the end of Epic's short lifespan.

--- End quote ---

All I know is that Forgeworld has a bunch for sale.

Heck, I'd buy them just because the Tau's and Space Marines' look so good.

Jarhead0331:
Their selection looks pretty limited, where are all the infantry?

If you want them just to paint them that's one thing, but to build an army and play the game is not going to be cheap.  I think the latest rule book is 4th edition which was printed sometime in the mid-90s.  Its probably around $60 at best and like anything GW, the models ain't going to be cheap! 

bayonetbrant:
we bought a crapload of them in college in the early '90s and made up our own rules

loved that we could fight a HUGE battle on our desks in the dorm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version