Divinity Original Sin 2

Started by -budd-, September 14, 2016, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Hits early access tomorrow. I've had the first game in my cart quite few times but just haven't pulled the trigger yet but I will ...O yes....I will.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Looks a lot like Dungeon Siege. Is it an MMO?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

No. It's a single player (I believe you can team up in MP) isometric D&D type game. You have one character and permanant u travel with a second which you create. Others can join up to 4 (I believe). At any rate, that's what Divinity: Original Sin was. Great game as you can interact with the environment. Chop open a cask if oil and people slip when they walk on it. Shoot the oil with a flaming arrow and it all catches fire
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

tgb

Don't forget deep, turn-based tactical combat.

On my wishlist.

Sir Slash

You're really starting to get my attention now. I'll be following along.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Downloaded it yesterday and still haven't found the time to play it :(

jamus34

Def not dungeon siege. More like wasteland 2. Real time exploration going turnbased when spotted by enemy for combat. If you are not spotted then you have ability to cast predatory spells.

another game I really liked just didn't get that far into it.
Insert witty comment here.

Tpek

Just tried it for a minute or two.

Seems you only start with 1 character (instead of creating 2 like last time), and while there are new customization options (race, music instrument, plot tags),
They have toned down the customization of the rest (less hairs and faces for humans, hair colors, only start with 1 talent point, starting equipment and starting skills are set by the class you
are customizing from and cannot be changed).

Also, maybe because it's early access, but no voice over so far.

EDIT: It does however offer about 3-4 pre-made characters that are supposed to have some specific plots.

FlickJax

Quote from: jamus34 on September 15, 2016, 08:02:50 AM
Def not dungeon siege. More like wasteland 2. Real time exploration going turnbased when spotted by enemy for combat. If you are not spotted then you have ability to cast predatory spells.

another game I really liked just didn't get that far into it.

I also tried on numerous occasions but couldnt keep myself playing for more than a few minutes......really want to love it just wasn't grabbing me

Grim.Reaper

$45 is a little steep for me to jump in this early access....I'll get it later in a sale:)