Sick of the Election? - Vote For Airboy! (Completed)

Started by airboy, October 12, 2016, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Weeks 26-28
The campaign continued.  Airboy made a lot of speeches and ads against ISIS, Zika and for drought relief. 

The press started this three week period by ignoring the witch issue and calling anyone who raised the issue to be a "kook."  Then important Hillary supporters came out stating that there was absolutely no evidence that Hillary is currently a witch.  When asked about the 20 year old photo of Hillary in a witches outfit the Hillary supporters stated that the costume was just something for Halloween.  But later members of the press tracked down the date of the meeting where Hillary was found to be wearing the costume and it was the first day of Spring.  Hillary supporters then claimed that she was just "getting a head start on Halloween" and besides, nobody could prove that she was a witch.  This could all be summed up as "no witch proof."

In a bizarre moment, President Obama was asked if he thought that Hillary! was pretty by a foreign correspondent during a foreign visit to Italy.  Obama stated that "Hillary was pretty enough for a really old lady."  Obama then got angry and screamed that "I did not just say that.  Hillary is beautiful.  Beautiful I say."  But the press conference was being carried live and the video went viral.  An edited version which changed Obama's last word from "lady" to "witch" then exploded on social media.  Saturday Night Live did a skit where Obama was giving "beauty tips for old ladies and witches to make them more beautiful." 

Oddly enough, a Saturday Night Live writer "spontaneously combusted" into fire and was consumed.  Later it was discovered that the mysteriously deceased SNL writer wrote the "Obama beauty advise skit."

JasonPratt

Speaking of, I was going to comment that the scariest thing about this whole AAR is a reminder that Hillary was once quite geekily cute.  :-X
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Week 29:

A 10 warship flotilla of the Russian Navy left the Baltic Sea and entered the English Channel.  This level of naval provocation has not been seen since the demise of the USSR.  Europe is deeply concerned.

An unfortunately real news story can be found at:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2013780/royal-navy-pledges-to-man-mark-vladimir-putins-navy-as-russians-begin-ten-ship-pincer-move-on-the-english-channel/

The game event in my political machine game was a Russian Naval exercise in the Black Sea which alarmed Turkey.  But reality was so easily interjected here I changed it to the English Channel.

This is a huge boost for Airboy since a Stronger US Military, and Hawkish on Russia both became much more important.  A sane Republican candidate benefits a lot from an international threat.

After looking at all of the battleground States, a Stronger US Military is much more popular than Hawkish on Russia.  Even the liberal Dems want a strong US military when the Russian Bear is on the prowl.  This was a big turning point in the campaign.

airboy

This is a wrap-up of weeks 29-32.

Week 29
Airboy is hammering away at the need for a stronger military.  He is using both speeches in battleground states and in advertising.  Most of Airboy's advertising is going on TV.  TV is 10x as expensive as local ground-game campaigns.  But TV also raises the importance of an issue nationally as well as helping Airboy's standing on the issue nationally. 

The screen shot also shows how some "contested states" are close but Airboy will win without a significant change.  For example, Michigan both candidates have a 100% awareness, there are only 1% of the voters undecided, but Airboy has greater than 50% of the vote.  This is a "safe state" as long as the overall net does not change.

Week 30
Hillary! is making a mistake pushing relatively minor issues like Gay Marriage.  I'm putting up TV ads which help nationally on important national issues.  Gay Marriage is important in some States, but not most States.

Week 32
We are 9 weeks out from election day.  My lead in Illinois is also "safe" if nothing big changes.  Illinois is even a bigger lead than Michigan.  The situation is similar to Michigan.  Hillarys! advertising is focusing on individual State issues - like the water crisis in Flint Michigan.  But I'm launching aerial bombardment with very expensive TV ads on Stronger Military, Social Security and Fighting ISIS which helps me everywhere.

airboy

Week 33

Week 34

Week 35

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 20, 2016, 11:49:35 AM
Speaking of, I was going to comment that the scariest thing about this whole AAR is a reminder that Hillary was once quite geekily cute.  :-X

If there were ever a time for this:

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Week 36
Only 5 weeks until election day.  Airboy is maintaining his lead almost everywhere except California. California is so strong democrat that as the awareness of my opponent grows her standing in California grows.  California is structurally hard, almost to the point of being impossible, for a Republican to win in The Political Machine 2016.

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on October 23, 2016, 09:04:04 AM
California is structurally hard, almost to the point of being impossible, for a Republican to win in The Political Machine 2016.

That's true of most of the big electoral states, excluding Texas and maybe Florida. A Democratic player has to defend those areas while trying to pick up a wider swatch of secondary electoral states normally skewing Republican; but that's arguably easier to do since only a few of those need to swing as long as the electorate bastions are held by the Dems.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

You should do a shot of the red/blue map each week, too. It tells a lot of the story. The fact you have purpled most of the Northeast coast but have outright redded Massachusetts (where Boston polls) is no small thing.

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 23, 2016, 10:59:31 AM
You should do a shot of the red/blue map each week, too. It tells a lot of the story. The fact you have purpled most of the Northeast coast but have outright redded Massachusetts (where Boston polls) is no small thing.

I forgot to make state map screen shots when I played the game.  My mistake.
I have one big set of them looking at the overall map and some key states that will be posted soon.   All are two weeks out from election day.

Sir Slash

This Halloween, for candidate Airboy, I will slap the first Witch I see. Then run.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Week 36 

This set of screen shots will show where the campaign is 5 weeks from election day.  Most of the "purple" states are actually totally safe for Airboy (Missouri & Kentucky) or close to being completely safe (Michigan & Florida).  I've spent my funds.  I'm going to concentrate the rest of my resources on California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.

Note all of the bright red states.  They are total locks for Airboy.  Note the lighter red states.  5 weeks out they are also locks for Airboy unless Hillary! spends all of her resources attempting to flip ONE OF THEM. 

The following screen shots explain where the campaign is in several key states and provides an overview of some of the other States.  I don't think that Hillary could win even if she took every single purple state that is feasible (that is everything except Kentucky and Missouri) and held onto her only "safe states" of New York and Delaware. 

California

New Jersey

Illinois

Pennsylvania

airboy

3 Weeks to go Before the Election!   

Three weeks to go before the election and Hillary's! campaign manager came out and said that the witch "loves puppies!"  I kid you not.  Read it for yourself.  That part of the screenshot was not changed.

Unfortunately, the Political Machine does not get its text right when explaining negative ads.  I had to edit the news report to make it accurate.

Press & Public Reaction to the "Hillary Really Does Love Puppies" quote from her campaign manager.   

Reaction to her national poll standing

airboy

This AAR is just about over. 

There was one more political bombshell the week before the election.

Then Airboy ran the most unusual final TV ads in US Presidential History.

Then we have election night, the results, and the exit polls.

The AAR should be complete by the end of the weekend - just in time for Halloween! >:D

airboy

Week 39 - Two Weeks Till Election Day

Two weeks out and there are only 5 contested states.  Although New York shows solid witch - it is actually very close.
Delaware is the only State that is a lock for Hillary!