Champions of Krynn - The Next Groggy Adventure Thing

Started by BanzaiCat, October 23, 2016, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

So after a little deliberation, a few questions, and a lot of assumptions, as well as just a short time in Photoshop (and not my best work), here's the lineups. I'll use smaller portraits for any conversations that take place.

First, here's mirth the Hill Dwarf fighter:

He's looking a little too pleased with himself, for a Dwarf, anyway.

Next, we have MetalDog, the Half Elf fighter/mage:

I couldn't resist that one. :)

Now, we have Sir Slash, a Qualinesti Elf cleric/ranger:

This thread is officially going to the dogs. (gigglesnort)

And now, we have airboy, a Kender Thief. I've not heard of Grimjack before (gasp, I know), so I did my best, though it was difficult to find images that complimented each other:

And our mage, BBMike:

That one worked pretty well, actually.

And finally, our Solamnic Knight (me), and pretty much Photoshopping my first inspiration for this role.

Hopefully, our story ends better than Heisenberg's.

That's the lineup. I'm going to try to get us started this weekend.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 27, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
And now, we have airboy, a Kender Thief. I've not heard of Grimjack before (gasp, I know), so I did my best, though it was difficult to find images that complimented each other:

Nice cleavage Airboy!  :2funny:

JasonPratt

Yeah, I thought the pugleric was the most disturbing thing I'd seen all week, until the next photo appeared. I... I don't even...  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on October 27, 2016, 08:30:37 PM

Hahahahahaha! Oh, sh*t. I'm more tired than I thought; I totally missed that. I'll fix it tomorrow.  :-[

Sir Slash

That'll teach you not to look at a girls tits before her face forever more.  ;D  I'm wondering though about the Cleric/Ranger (me). Jason had a good point about the Cleric being the only one in the party able to heal or resurrect someone and with the divided class, leveling-up is going to be mighty slow. Also the Ranger class does extra damage to 'Giant' classed enemies and there's going to be plenty of those in this game--- they start with a 'D' and end in 'ragon'. So you don't want your Cleric in the main line of fighting but you do want your Ranger there against the big monsters. Would it be better to have a true Cleric character and a true Ranger character instead of just one character splitting the two? I'm all in either way and Sir Pugalot will give his last once of strength and curled-up tail for the good of all.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

You hang back, Pugsley. I'll take care of those pesky Dragons.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

We'll need some fire support and someone to protect the mage.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

I'm just worried my character will be constantly distracted by Airboy's bosoms.

Sir Slash

Didn't you hear? Murray the Mountain Dwarf will handle all the tough stuff leaving the rest of us to swill ale. I haven't swilled in quite a while so I maybe a little slow with it at first.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

No doubt 'handling the tough stuff' lead to the need for frequent resurrecting :P

airboy

Quote from: Barthheart on October 27, 2016, 08:30:37 PM

I'm hot! (at least from the neck down). 
For Mirth that would be a charisma of 18 because he can never look a "real woman" in the eyes with this sort of distraction.

But all of you are mad because I can dual wield around my chest obstacles.  That takes a true skilled professional!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2016, 09:45:03 PM
I'm wondering though about the Cleric/Ranger (me). Jason had a good point about the Cleric being the only one in the party able to heal or resurrect someone and with the divided class, leveling-up is going to be mighty slow. Also the Ranger class does extra damage to 'Giant' classed enemies and there's going to be plenty of those in this game--- they start with a 'D' and end in 'ragon'. So you don't want your Cleric in the main line of fighting but you do want your Ranger there against the big monsters. Would it be better to have a true Cleric character and a true Ranger character instead of just one character splitting the two? I'm all in either way and Sir Pugalot will give his last once of strength and curled-up tail for the good of all.

I've been second-guessing the cleric/ranger thing since I created the character, to be honest, only because a Human Cleric would not be level capped and would have access to tons of Cleric spells. I really did want a Ranger in the party, but that didn't pan out from your guys' choices. I really do not want to second guess the choices I've made, but it's too late for that now, especially with your feedback.

Mirth: would you object to being a Hill Dwarf Ranger? I just double checked and it is an allowable class for your choice of Hill Dwarf.

If that is acceptable, Sir Slash, I'll change your character to a Human Cleric.

I can keep mirth's portrait the same I think but I'd need to change SS's.

And definitely need to change Airboy's.  :-\

mirth