China rewrites the history books

Started by besilarius, January 23, 2017, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jan/13/china-rewrites-history-books-to-extend-sino-japanese-war-by-six-years

Many historians have accepted the earlier date, but this is an attempt to rewrite the Communist effort in pre-World War II.
Probably just the start.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

Stop trying to confuse people with the truth. Just give them enough to be obedient-- what I used to tell the wife about the kids.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

I once told a Chi-com gentleman that I thought the Chinese Nationalists did most of the fighting against Japanese forces in China, before & during WW2.

You should've seen the indignant rage.  He was absolutely adamant that the Chinese Communists did it all, despite those filthy Nationalists' attempts to make them lose.   ;D