Author Topic: War in the East, Battle for Kharkov 1942  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Pzrjager

• Velites
Re: War in the East, Battle for Kharkov 1942
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 08:30:31 AM »

You can see here I've completely eliminated the pocket and the mud is back. The Soviets have also taken Lopan again. This is a mistake on my part; I should have reinforced the city with the 168th Infantry Division in the north. I try to take the city back but it's just too difficult in the mud.

No attacks are made on my forces in Izyum. Not much can be done in this weather except hold what I have. I end my turn.

Offline Pzrjager

• Velites
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 08:31:06 AM »

Mission success! I'm greeted with the Axis Major Victory screen.

Offline Pzrjager

• Velites
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 08:31:31 AM »

The final score. The points I get for holding Kharkov and Izyum at the end of the game netted enough points for a major victory. While I wish I didn't lose Lopan, holding it wouldn't have been enough for me to get a decisive victory.

Offline Pzrjager

• Velites
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 08:32:05 AM »

And here's the final map. This is a fun but hard scenario. You need to be mindful of the weather, terrain, your outstretched forces, and some administrative disorganization as well.

I hope you learned something about history and this game. Hopefully it piqued your interest in this title, or if you're playing I hope it helped improve your gameplay.

Thanks for checking it out!

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »
Great AAR! Enjoyed reading it. How would you rate the AI opponent?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Pzrjager

• Velites
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 10:47:36 AM »
Thank you! I think the AI is pretty good, definitely on the better side of most wargames.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
 :coolsmiley: :clap:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.