Started by JudgeDredd, April 29, 2018, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I picked this beast up at Bovington Tank Museum

Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Cool  :D
A7 upgrade is really the latest Kampfwersteigerung 
(beside experimental and showcase variants with low intensity and urban environment improvements in mind)

i can send you a small box with dirt sample (I take the postage) from the local Truppenübunsgplatz (closed in 2004, but tank track training pathes are still visible and deep and so the dirt is not grown over) if you like to do an 'original' wash  ^-^ 

JudgeDredd

I thought you might like. I think it's a beautiful tank

As for the dirt - I think that would be pretty cool to have a Leopard 2 model with actual dirt from their actual training area   :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I thought, "sixty quid for a flippin' model?!?" and then saw 1/35 scale...lol.  :o

JudgeDredd

Yeah - for armour I need to get 1/35

Aircraft I'm alright with 1/72 for bombers or modern fighters but I need 1/48 or 1/32 for WWII fighters

Also - it's a Meng kit which are apparently very good. Individual links for the tracks...so I have to make the tracks up.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 29, 2018, 10:23:00 AM
As for the dirt - I think that would be pretty cool to have a Leopard 2 model with actual dirt from their actual training area   :notworthy:

to be precise, that Standortübungsplatz catering to 3 to 4 former barracks was not exactly a "Leopard place" (beside demonstrations at the "Tag der offen Tür" common in cold war times) The stretch of land was first used in the NS time by all kind of shifting training units and post-WW2 by lots of different British units (i have a list) before handed over to the Bundeswehr.
Panzer that used it regularly and in numbers where the Kanonenjagdpanzer, the Raketenjagdpanzer Jaguar, the Mörserträger HS 30
and after that the landscape has seen lots and lots of Rolands and some Wiesel 2 Ozelot until 2004

so its only dirt from a historic proving ground that was plough through for good by a nice assortment of German Panzer
if that would be ok?

JudgeDredd

That would be great. I wonder what Customs will think about a package of dirt? It's not white, is it? That could get us in bother.

Let me know postage and I'll see you right. Do you have Paypal?
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 29, 2018, 01:10:38 PM
That would be great. I wonder what Customs will think about a package of dirt? It's not white, is it? That could get us in bother.

Let me know postage and I'll see you right. Do you have Paypal?

here is a impression from the place  https://youtu.be/vHVdNkS6_eA
i have plan to take sample (visible @5:08) near pond area where landscape is still most disturbed from tracks ....so i will be clay colored

i have PayPal, but its a little donation because i have sooo much fun reading your AARs on games and model building :)

pm me the address to send to and the amount of dirt needed 

acctingman

Bovington  :'(.....I want to go back there someday. I felt like I left heaven on the return flight back to the states  :dreamer:

BanzaiCat

I felt the same way when I had to return from Scotland. :(

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 30, 2018, 05:01:55 PM
I felt the same way when I had to return from Scotland. :(
O0
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I'm not overstating things - you got yerself a beauty of a country there, JD. I'd love to live there.

Right now I've got my eye on this Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV. Once I get a few more bucks saved from my surveys, I'll probably get it.

acctingman

I'd live there and work at the tank museum cleaning toilets :buck2:

GDS_Starfury

Hey BC, you might want to look at the 1/48 scale stuff if price and space are an issue.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 02, 2018, 12:12:42 PM
Hey BC, you might want to look at the 1/48 scale stuff if price and space are an issue.

I still can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on a model, but I'm definitely looking at the 1/48 stuff, thanks!