Announcing Northern Fury: H-Hour - a novel of WWIII

Started by Airborne Rifles, May 04, 2018, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on May 04, 2018, 12:27:22 PM
Some of you might recognize the influence of my the first Northern Fury AAR I wrote in this sample chapter hosted at our blog: http://northernfury.bhgdesigns.com/blog/

Awesome-sauce.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Outstanding AR!

Now, for a change we can all actually look forward to Winter!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Airborne Rifles

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. We'll be releasing more information as things progress. Needless to say we're excited.

Pinetree

Best of luck with the book! Looking forward to reading it.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Congrats, AirborneRifles!  The literary world is getting a good one  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Congrats AR! Very much looking forward to this series.
O0

Airborne Rifles

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I plan to use this thread for all news to Grogheads about the upcoming books. For now, if you have a copy of CMANO, check out Bart's latest Command scenario set in the Northern Fury world: Indian Ocean Fury 4: The Red Gate!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4476931

"While World War III rages across the globe, a hodgepodge collection of marines and naval forces fight to re-open the Red Sea chokepoint at the Bab el Mendeb, the 'Gate of Tears.'"

Sir Slash

This sounds great! When you decide to go to film can I please play the 'Wild-Eyed Officer' that always says, "But Captain, That's NEVER been done before"! Always a dream of mine. Good luck with the books.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Airborne Rifles

Here's your first "Northern Fury flashback from the '90." Check out Bart's post on the US 2nd Fleet, then, now, and in the world of Northern Fury:

http://northernfury.bhgdesigns.com/blog/index.php?controller=post&action=view&id_post=4

Airborne Rifles

Staggerwing

So that's how those tasty sausages are really made...  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys