Author Topic: "The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel  (Read 13456 times)

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
Re: "The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 06:52:52 AM »
Cyrano, considering the lack of response, let me know if you want me to try to find some people that might be interested in this.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
I'm definitely still in! I'm driving all day tomorrow though so I won't have a lot of time these next couple of days.

Offline Cyrano

• Man-at-Arms
  • AKA Kriegsspiel 6
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
@bbmike:  I must confess to being both delighted and horrified, although it's a very nice problem to have.

Doug and I always expected there were Kriegsspielers wanting to march in their dozens.  Nice to be proven correct.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Offline crak

• Hoplite
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 11:15:51 AM »
I'd love to be involved.

Offline Advocator

• Hoplite
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
Having no idea what I've likely signed up for, I'm still looking very forward to this!  With so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Offline Iconoclast

• Velites
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 11:16:20 AM »
With so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Yeah, "just" run two games.  ;D
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

Offline Neal

• Hoplite
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
Hello, I finally made it in.

Marshall Neal, or simply Neal is the name.

Would like to join if there's room.

Thanks!

-N-

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
Note that Neal's introduction thread indicates he's experienced at Krieging!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
Note that Neal's introduction thread indicates he's experienced at Krieging!

What wizardry is this?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline OJsDad

• Crossbowman
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
Neal's middle name is 'Ringer' 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
For ease of reference:

A bit... LOL

Hello! My name is Marshall or "Neal" on here.

I am an experienced Kriegsspiel guy looking to play some PBEM Kriegsspiel.

I run Kriegsspiel events in Los Angeles, and wrote an article about it in the current issue of Battles magazine. That should qualify me as insane.

I heard there was going to be a Napoleonic Kriegsspiel starting soon, so I have wandered into this establishment seeking a fix. You guys got anymore of them PBEM Kriegsspiels?

-Neal

OJ saw his post first and pointed him in the right direction.

Since naturally I want to win, I nominate him to take my place as Napoleon!

(Or failing that, I nominate him to take Charles' slot against me, so if I lose... ahem, I mean if we lose... then I can blame my loss on someone with more experience.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »
With so many people chiming in, I think you should just run two simultaneous games and see how differently things play out.

Yeah, "just" run two games.  ;D

Oh, no no no, I can think of something MUCH worse^H^H^H^H^Hchallenging than that.

...ahem...

Divisional commanders.  >:D

Offline Forzamark

• Hoplite
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 03:08:57 AM »
Hi
I just registeredwith the forum as saw the post of the Facebook group and I'd love to give this a try.

Mark

Offline Pinetree

• Viking
  • aka The Plodder
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 04:00:55 AM »
I am most definitely in.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Offline Cyrano

• Man-at-Arms
  • AKA Kriegsspiel 6
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 01:57:25 PM »
Divisional commanders...why I oughta...

Thanks so much to everyone for their replies.

One last round of off-line conversations and I'll be ready to randomize commands.  Once that happens, I'll get out the in-brief kits within a day or so.  I will then announce, in everybody's favorite game time thread, the start of the preparation period which I expect to last one week.  This is for the two sides to discuss strategy, each amongst themselves.  And then I call for orders and we're off.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806