"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel

Started by Cyrano, July 04, 2018, 02:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iconoclast

You...acutally did....

Hey, this should be a hell of a ride!

Since I am a first-timer, do I already have to write an Email somewhere? Or am I just supposed to wait here patiently, until further instructions?

Cheers,

A
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

panzerde

Quote from: Iconoclast on July 11, 2018, 04:25:39 PM
You...acutally did....

Hey, this should be a hell of a ride!

Since I am a first-timer, do I already have to write an Email somewhere? Or am I just supposed to wait here patiently, until further instructions?

Cheers,

A

If you were on the reserve list (and therefore now in the second game) hold tight a little bit until I get set up. If you're part of the first game please send an email to jenacampaign@gmail.com so Cyrano has your email for his game.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Okay, if you're in the second game, please send me an email at 1809campaign@gmail.com. Please let me know your real name and forum name. If you have a particular leader you would like to play, please let me know that too.

panzerde

Here's who I have listed as being in the Reserve from the first game, who now have dibs on being in the second game:

bearodactyl
Billcoop4
Brojd
crak
craniumgroup
Davidkvh
ForzaMark
Iconoclast
IncompetentIdiot
Lowenstaat
OJsDad
Tomg

which is 12 players, if everyone wants to play. Dr Sterrett has informed me that he is available for game two if we have room, which at this point, we do. That puts us at Lucky 13. I'm assuming Cyrano wants in as a player, meaning we have one slot still available.

Of the above, I've heard from Billcoop4 at 1809campaign (at) gmail.com and James Sterrett so far. If you are in the second instance of the campaign, please email me at the above with your name, forum name, and if you have a preference for which commander you would like to play.

In the meantime I'll be getting briefing packets together and figuring out where I'm going to hang the campaign map where Davidkvh won't see it when he comes over Thursdays to game...

Jimlacey1

Can I please have the last slot in the second game --- I am already in the first game.

Jim
The nation had a choice between war and shame.  It chose shame.  It will get war.

Churchill after the Munich Conference

panzerde

Quote from: Jimlacey1 on July 11, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Can I please have the last slot in the second game --- I am already in the first game.

Jim

You're in Jim. And, assuming the remainder of the Reserves acknowledge that they are indeed in (most already have) that takes us to 15 for the second game. Jim and I pulled together most of the briefing information tonight, and I just picked up my map poster. Things are in progress!

Jimlacey1

Thanks!

I have some aides that might make umpiring easier if you want to look them over.... if so, send me an e-mail     jimlacey4 at gmail.com

The nation had a choice between war and shame.  It chose shame.  It will get war.

Churchill after the Munich Conference

Cyrano

God as my witness, I shuffled the devil out of those cards.

And our commanders from 1806 have switched sides.  Full roster is posted on the OP.

Well, my son and I just finished "Troy" so I'm in the mood to believe that the gods look on us and laugh.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Advocator

Quote from: panzerde on July 11, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
To say that Jim and I are delighted to see the response to this is an understatement. It's nice to see that there are more crazy people in this world...

After some discussion, we've decided that with so many potential players, it would be a shame to not allow as many people to play as possible. As such, we're going to run a second instance of this campaign, with me as umpire. This will allow all of the "reserves" to play right away, as allow some who have already signed up but are gluttons for punishment to play on the other side. Finally, and not the least reason for doing this, Jim/Cyrano/JK will get a chance to play too!

So, stay tuned. As I get a chance to get my arms around this tonight after work we'll start getting the second instance organized.

Good thing I bought a new dice tower at Origins...

So I was absolutely joking when I suggested this because I never, ever thought you guys would be this nuts.  That being said, after years of Origins, I probably should have known better.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Iconoclast

Quote from: Advocator on July 11, 2018, 09:58:20 PM
Quote from: panzerde on July 11, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
To say that Jim and I are delighted to see the response to this is an understatement. It's nice to see that there are more crazy people in this world...

After some discussion, we've decided that with so many potential players, it would be a shame to not allow as many people to play as possible. As such, we're going to run a second instance of this campaign, with me as umpire. This will allow all of the "reserves" to play right away, as allow some who have already signed up but are gluttons for punishment to play on the other side. Finally, and not the least reason for doing this, Jim/Cyrano/JK will get a chance to play too!

So, stay tuned. As I get a chance to get my arms around this tonight after work we'll start getting the second instance organized.

Good thing I bought a new dice tower at Origins...

So I was absolutely joking when I suggested this because I never, ever thought you guys would be this nuts.  That being said, after years of Origins, I probably should have known better.

And I was making fun of you for suggesting, now I am pretty happy you did  :-\
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

panzerde

Second Gamers! I have everything more or less ready to go, except assignment of billets. The issue is that I still havent heard from:

• Brojd
  • crak
  • Tomg
I'm going to try and email them through the forum, but if they haven't replied by tomorrow evening those are open spots. I know of at least one other person that wants to play. If any of you know any of these three fine players, please ask them to jump into this thread, get caught up on the posts, and email me their information.

Tomorrow evening I'll ask here in this thread if anyone from the first game also wants to play in the second game to fill any open spots, and then I'll be assigning billets.

I may also just draft Bawb. Because he wants to play, he just doesn't know it.

besilarius

Actually, it is Mrs. Bawb that everyone should fear.

If you are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel, I'll try to fill in a gap.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

crak

Quote from: panzerde on July 12, 2018, 05:47:33 PM
Second Gamers! I have everything more or less ready to go, except assignment of billets. The issue is that I still havent heard from:

• crak

Sorry didn't see forum post.  Replied to PM.  Very excited!

JasonPratt

Be aware that if you use the forum to email members, the email will arrive looking like it's from Brant.

I had this happen recently when a member emailed me asking for where to download some Magic: the Gathering tools. He (or she?) didn't sign his name, and it came in looking like it was from Brant, so neither of us had any idea whom I should reply to.  :-\

(I felt really sorry about that because someone must think I was just ignoring them. I tried to post the situation on a couple of relevant threads, but no one followed up...  :'( )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!