RIP Steve Ditko

Started by airboy, July 06, 2018, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Steve Ditko the co-creator of Spider-Man and the creator of Dr. Strange died on June 29, 2018.

Obit can be found at: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steve-ditko-dead-spider-man-creator-was-90-1125489

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 06, 2018, 08:48:36 PM
That sucks :(

RIP STEVE

He died at 90.  If he died in a state of grace what more could any of us ask for.

bayonetbrant

Still hurts when you lose any of your childhood heroes
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

RIP Mr. Ditko.  Thank you for helping me have a great childhood.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 06, 2018, 10:18:26 PM
Still hurts when you lose any of your childhood heroes

I understand.  In the early 1990s I had every Dr Strange comic ever published.

Dammit Carl!

Fantastic artist (imo).

Thanks for your work sir, and godspeed.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

R.I.P.

I read about it yesterday, ironically on IMDB where it posted right next to a news post about more of Stan Lee's never ending troubles.
(Something about him calling off a restraining order he got against someone and immediately getting a new one)