Author Topic: US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR - Complete  (Read 12181 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 11:19:53 AM »
Continues to be as amazing as the real campaign!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 08:02:29 AM »
Guadalcanal Part 4 is up:

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/guadalcanal-part-4/

This is the end of major land combat.  The big naval battle at end game remains.

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 07:18:56 PM »
After 67 edited screenshots and nine pages of text, the Battle of Guadalcanal has finished.

There was a titanic conflict between two huge Japanese surface fleets, US Marine Air Corps, and the US Navy.

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/21/guadalcanal-part-5-a-huge-naval-battle-conclusion/

Like reality, this scenario was a long, huge battle of attrition the Japs lost.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 07:37:27 AM »
Admiral Yamamoto, zorched after all by the sleeping radioactive giant he awakened and filled with an enduring fury.

Press F to pay respects.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 09:08:24 PM »
Congrats on the victory Airboy. I bet the Emperor is pissing himself now.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline IICptMillerII

• Viking
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »
Just wanted to swing by and say that I've enjoyed reading through your AARs. You do a great job of balancing text and pictures, having just enough of each without overdoing it one way or the other. That's something I personally struggle with in AARs. Its always a nice added bonus to see someone play who knows what they're doing too! Both in regards to game mechanics as well as period appropriate tactics. I'm also a sucker for naval combat on this scale. Great stuff, and congrats on your win at Guadalcanal!

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
Thanks for your kind comments.  I have all of the screen shots for New Georgia the next scenario in the lineup.  I've finished writing up about 25% of the scenario.

Life in a mostly good way has intervened.  I'm hoping to get New Georgia up in the next 7 days along with a number of other things on my game blog.

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2019, 10:37:32 AM »
New Georgia campaign conclusion is posted.  I kicked ass and took names with this strategy.

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/06/30/new-georgia-campaign-conclusion/

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 02:02:04 PM »
Part 2 of the Battle of the Philippine Sea is up:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/06/philippine-sea-part-2/

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2019, 06:17:50 PM »
Battle of the Philippine Sea concludes:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/09/philippine-sea-finale/

This update introduces scout pilot "Mewler" and his belief in the Scout Pilot Death Dance by Captain Skull.

On a happier note, there are only three scenarios left in this campaign!    :)

Offline IICptMillerII

• Viking
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »
Really enjoying this AAR. The New Georgia write ups were particularly fun to read through. Great scenario that really gave you a lot of freedom in how you tackled it. Its always nice to see a plan well executed and succeed. I'm starting the Philippine Sea write ups now. Great stuff!