Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on December 29, 2022, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 29, 2022, 08:43:40 PM
The biggest issue you'll likely run into is that many mods will only be available via the Steam workshop so non-Steam versions are SOL.

Yea, that would be a deal breaker for me. Well, Steam it is then  O0

And that game you want does it even have mods?

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 29, 2022, 09:33:37 PM
The biggest issue you'll likely run into is that many mods will only be available via the Steam workshop so non-Steam versions are SOL.

It's the Marvel's midnight sun's game so I'm guessing there won't be mods

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on December 29, 2022, 10:24:41 PM

If that is the case, then not sure why steam is the compelling reason...

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 29, 2022, 10:27:28 PM
Quote from: acctingman on December 29, 2022, 10:24:41 PM

If that is the case, then not sure why steam is the compelling reason...

I guess there is a launcher issue and there is a fix for it on Steam, not Epic, so I'll just wait for a Steam sale  :)

Tanaka

Same. This is why I have decided not to buy any Epic games. The only one I have is the free Total War Troy. I did just buy some discounted DLC's for that game only because the base was free. No desire to deal with the mod issues otherwise. And you can get much cheaper Steam keys than games on Epic or Steam on other sites. Not possible with Epic.

demjansk1942

I get some of the free games but never play them, I played civilization 6 yesterday and then stopped

steve58

This week's freebies:

Kerbal Space Program
Shadow Tactics - Aiko's Choice

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

matt3916

Thanks for these notifications.

steve58

Forgot to post this one earlier.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is free until tomorrow.

Freebies starting tomorrow are:

Chess Ultra
World of Warships — Starter Pack
  Ishizuchi, Japanese Tier IV battleship
  1x Port slot
  11x Epic camouflages
  11x common expendable economic bonuses of four types:
        ("Credits +20%," "Ship XP +100%," "Commander XP +100%," and "Free XP +300%")
  5x Award containers
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

greengiant

I've already had Chess Ultra on Steam for some time; don't expect much in the way of tutoring - it's all about playing the game on a beautiful board and in that it succeeds. If chess is you're thing and all you want is a great looking board to play on then this should be your go-to. If you're looking for chess software that also includes a lot of lessons etc then I'd search elsewhere.

steve58

steve58

Free this week at Epic Games: Payday 2

...and there's a few free soundtrack DLCs listed in the add-ons.

steve58

This week's freebies:
    Murder by Numbers
    The Elder Scrolls Online

Next week (Jul 27-Aug 3):
    Homeworld Remastered Collection
    Severed Steel

steve58

fyi:  Free for the next week on Epic Games:

Homeworld Remastered Collection
    Severed Steel

steve58

fyi:  Europa Universalis IV will be free on Epic starting Aug 10.