Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Modelling and Miniatures

Airbrush?

<< < (3/3)

JudgeDredd:

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 24, 2019, 03:43:13 PM ---If you stick to acrylics, you don't need a fume booth.

--- End quote ---
I would disagree. There may not be alot in the way of fumes, but acrylics have lots of particles that aren't very good for you. I too also wear a mask.

Regarding your question on the Neo - I don't know. All I know is I've had the Neo for a few years now and it's bloody good. I also bought a .5mm conversion kit so I could prime with it

I've got one of those spray booths. It makes a huge difference I can tell you. I used to spray without one and I noticed the "particles" flying around - not to mention fumes from cleaners and the occasional dabble in Xtreme paints which require a horrible cleaner.

This is my setup

bbmike:
That's a beautiful setup. :smitten:
Which .5mm conversion kit did you get?

JudgeDredd:

--- Quote from: bbmike on August 24, 2019, 04:41:21 PM ---That's a beautiful setup. :smitten:
Which .5mm conversion kit did you get?

--- End quote ---
Thanks...it took a while (and a few paint spots on the carpet) to covince the wife why i needed a modelling and painting station.

It was for the Iwata Neo Trn1. I do't think it came as a kit, I needed a new nozzle cap, headbase and needle.

tbh though, I seldom use it. I ended up taking a leaf out of Andy's Hobby Headquarters book and just priming with NATO Black. And if I do prime, I find the tins perfectly adequate with most (all) over sprays levelling out. But it is an expensive way to prime.

bbmike:
Thanks for the info.  O0

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 24, 2019, 03:43:13 PM ---If you stick to acrylics, you don't need a fume booth.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ubercat on August 24, 2019, 04:21:55 PM ---You should still be concerned with inhaling paint particles, though. I wear a mask along with using the booth.

--- End quote ---

I do expect to only use acrylic paints.

My main concerns driving me toward a small paint booth is the paint particles floating around my desk area.  I have shelves full of board games sitting nearby and wouldn't want a slow multi-colored buildup on their box ends.  They're out of arm's reach, but not by much.

Inhaling the paint & primer is also another concern.  Although, perhaps, less so by just wearing a respirator mask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version