fanatical ebook bundles

Started by CptHowdy, September 13, 2019, 03:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptHowdy

fanatical has some interesting ebook bundles on sale right now at a very deep discount. has anyone purchased any of these or taken a look and decided that it just wasnt worth it? i am looking at the cybersecurity bundle as it seems an interesting and relevant topic. im sure there is better stuff out there but would the books they are offering even be worth the $9.99 they are asking?? thanks.

Gusington

I was also looking at the cyber security bundle as I want to move my career in that direction - would love someone's opinion on them too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

If you look at the books in the bundle and then search amazon, you can see reviews for the individual book.  For a couple I searched, they got pretty good marks although there weren't a ton of reviews.  For the PC, believe they come in PDF format and other formats for other devices.  If your into the topics, seems like you could hardly go wrong for $10, even if not the all time best.

CptHowdy

yeah i know nothing of the subject matter. would hate to buy it for even $10 and find out the info is outdated by several years since this stuff seems to evolve seemingly overnight! going to grab it since it seems a no brainer!

all downloaded. now just need to figure out which one would be best to start with  :pullhair:

wasnt hard to figure out! one of the books is called cybersecurity: the beginner's guide

Ubercat

Not familiar with fanatical. Any chance of a link?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Grim.Reaper

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 14, 2019, 05:49:19 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on September 14, 2019, 05:20:01 AM
Not familiar with fanatical. Any chance of a link?

fanatical.com

They used to be called Bundlestars.  Been around for many years.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Lol.  Reminds me to dl the Graviteam bundle I bought a while ago through them.