Digital Gaming > Dominions III LFG and Strategy Discussion

[Dominions 5] Grogspocalypse Now! (FINISHED)

(1/32) > >>

al_infierno:
Game page on llamaserver:  http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Grogsgame

Figured we should get a new thread rolling for the new game.   The game's still open to anyone who wants to join.  I think we're leaning towards Middle Ages, but haven't decided on map size or # of thrones.

Here's the list of confirmed combatants so far:

Solops - Agartha
Ajidica - Mictlan
TheMeInTeam - Eriu
W8taminute - Uruk
al_infierno - C'Tis
Myrmidon - Sceleria

My faction choice will be C'Tis regardless of era.  I'll let the other players post with their choices.

solops:
Agartha - noble, inoffensive, peaceful one-Eyed folk who channel the love of Mairon the Admirable.

Ajidica:
Didn't realize a new thread had been started.

For nation, I'm good with MA as that is what I have been practicing but I'll list my full picks here.

EA: Lanka
MA: Mictlan
LA: Man

As far as map goes, I'm good keeping it as Biddyn. The map has 81 land provinces, which with 5 players gives us all 16 provinces each (not counting water), and includes additional cave provinces for Solops/Agartha. I'm also down to play another map, but I've had terrible luck finding midsize maps on llamaserver as for us to use them they have to be both uploaded there and have a download link for us.

As far as thrones, I think the 6 thrones, 5 points to win with 4 level 1 thrones and 2 level 2 thrones has worked well; but I wasn't part of last game's throne rush so I don't know how well it worked out for those participating in it!

Myrmidon:
Please count me in!  I'd like a stab at Ermor if it's available.

TheMeInTeam:
MA vs EA Ermor are a LITTLE different from each other, so you might want to clarify that pick :).

I might as well just pick TNN or Eriu since I've been playing them a lot.  I'm not exactly ready with prep on them, but if we're starting soon I'll grind out some practice.

--- Quote ---As far as thrones, I think the 6 thrones, 5 points to win with 4 level 1 thrones and 2 level 2 thrones has worked well; but I wasn't part of last game's throne rush so I don't know how well it worked out for those participating in it!

--- End quote ---

Solops was *very* close to winning by claiming the throne near your capital.  After I repelled that I was mistaken as to which throne was the two point throne, so the game didn't end in a throne rush but rather the others going AI after W8aminute was down to one besieged non-cap province and my economy/research got too far ahead to counter.

If we add more players we might want to increase throne count to compensate.  We're not doing something like those 12-20 player games where this would make actually winning/doing throne rushes onerous with more, and it's nice to have techs after the 5-7 range matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version