Digital Gaming > Dominions III LFG and Strategy Discussion

[Dominions 5] Grogspocalypse Now! (FINISHED)

<< < (2/32) > >>

Myrmidon:
Most of my experience is playing EA Ermor, but I love the idea of playing the undead version of it in MA, so I'm happy to do my Due Diligence and give it a go!

al_infierno:

--- Quote from: Myrmidon on May 08, 2020, 12:44:12 PM ---Most of my experience is playing EA Ermor, but I love the idea of playing the undead version of it in MA, so I'm happy to do my Due Diligence and give it a go!

--- End quote ---

If you want to play the "undead version" of Ermor in MA, I'd actually recommend picking Sceleria.  You'd have access to both mainline human troop and hero production, while also having good access to Death magic.  It's your call either way, but MA Ermor might not be a great option for online play if you don't know exactly what you're doing with them.

Adding people's picks to the original post - looks like we're leaning towards MA so I'll just add those picks to the main post.

Ajidica:
Great to have a new player!

MA Ermor plays very differently from EA Ermor as it is a very cancerous nation due to it being a freespawn nation whose dominion kills population. We're in no rush to start so why not try out other MA nations? MA has a lot of nations that can communion like EA Ermor or break out high level death magic like EA Ermor.
If you want to play MA Ermor, be aware that it generally paints a massive target on your back.

TheMeInTeam:
In terms of lore, Ermor splits after its catastrophe and Sceleria is one of its offshoots.  Unit-wise, you will feel more familiar with them than MA Ermor.  Both are very strong nations centered around oppressive masses of undead and death magic ultimately.

MA Ermor, unlike Sceleria, is also a popkill nation and tends to attract the wrong kinds of attention as a result.  Sceleria, Ermor, and Pangaea are all comfortably top 5 nations for MA.  Agartha and Ulm are up there but lots of nations are similar to those two.

With Ctis also in the game already and either Ermor or Sceleria we're going to be seeing more skeletons than last game.  A lot more.

Edit:

Nobody has yet, but don't pick a water nation if we're playing on Biddyn.  It breaks the map and places water nation capital ~ 2 provinces from multiple other capitals.  Amphibious nations like Agartha/Shinuyama/Xibalba should be fine like last time since the game still gives them land capitals. 

W8taminute:
So good to see all of this interest as well as new faces joining in.  I'm thinking about taking MA Uruk for this game.  Need to mess around with them a bit more before I say for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version