Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sector!  (Read 2147 times)

Offline SlagDog

• Velites
Re: Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sector!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 08:52:22 AM »
Nice! I didn't even think about how it does look like Epic. I played a crap load of Epic and miss stomping troops with my Eldar Titans. I would totally dig a digital version of Epic any day!

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 10:11:03 AM »
There is a game specifically about 40K Titans somewhere on Steam, that I've never gotten around to yet. (Also one about 40K airpower.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 11:28:00 AM »
There is a game specifically about 40K Titans somewhere on Steam, that I've never gotten around to yet. (Also one about 40K airpower.)

Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus - Have it but never played. Supposedly pretty good. https://store.steampowered.com/app/853140/Adeptus_Titanicus_Dominus/

Aeromautica Imperialis: Flight Command - Have it, played it, was underwhelmed. In all fairness, the aerial combat in the 40K universe has never appealed to me. The aircraft look way too clunky to stay aloft and the mechanics are too simple. ITs like WWI or WWII air combat in the 41st millennium? I don't think so. https://store.steampowered.com/app/610160/Aeronautica_Imperialis_Flight_Command/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 03:58:44 PM »
To be fair, a lot of Orks Innnn Spaaaaace can be described as "this clunky technology in the 41st millennium??"

The in-universe explanation is that no one understands how the tech works anymore and so they just use older tech in primitive ways. That explanation can't go much farther than the Imperium and the Chaos Marines, however. (I suppose it works for the orks, too, come to think of it.)

The real explanation is medieval fantasy tropes + science fiction = Rule of Cool.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 04:09:07 PM »
To be fair, a lot of Orks Innnn Spaaaaace can be described as "this clunky technology in the 41st millennium??"

The in-universe explanation is that no one understands how the tech works anymore and so they just use older tech in primitive ways. That explanation can't go much farther than the Imperium and the Chaos Marines, however. (I suppose it works for the orks, too, come to think of it.)

The real explanation is medieval fantasy tropes + science fiction = Rule of Cool.

Nah. Thatís the explanation for things like Titans, certain kinds of cogitators, warp technologies, world builders, etc. It doesnít explain why even imperial aircraft look like flying garbage trucks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »
Playing an early preview build of this now. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

The preview only has two missions. From what I have seen to this point, its on a smaller tactical scale from Epic.

Stay tuned for a preview feature on the front page.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 01:42:38 PM »
Sampstra demos the demo released by Slitherine!

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »
Will there be a demo for the rest of us laymen, women and catpeople?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
^Dunno...but I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to a more complete build.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
Sampstra demos the demo released by Slitherine!

I tried listening to that video but her voice is too much like a high pitched 13 year olds. Grinds my ears.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline FlickJax

• Man-at-Arms