Vietnam ready for combat in South China Sea as naval ships swarm region

Started by al_infierno, April 11, 2021, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

Finally, that long-awaited module we've been talking about is going to be...!

...oh, wait.  :hide:

I wonder how many communist allies Vietnam has, to help out with this situation. Or maybe someone else? (Russia might team up with them as a guess?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Wow between China aggressively testing Taiwan's air defenses in the past few days and Russia amassing troops on the Ukraine border this is just another hot spot that might flare up.  Thanks for sharing al. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

China's been aggressively prodding Taiwan's airspace for several months now in order to wear out their air defence capabilities.  Taiwan isn't able to maintain proper maintenance on their aircraft, air defense, and detection equipment as they're constantly on alert.  Pilots are getting burned out as well.

W8taminute

Good information SDR.  It's almost like China wants to wear out Taiwan so that invasion is easier. 

If China doesn't intend to actually invade then maybe they're just testing the limits of Taiwan's defenses?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think the PLA are purposefully degrading Taiwan's readiness before attempting an invasion.  China keeps throwing up some old J-8 fighters and having them fly up to the limits of Taiwan's defence zone.  Their pilots gain experience while not straining your newer generations of aircraft while Taiwan's get worn out because they don't have the same depth China does.

W8taminute

jamus34

And the world will just roll over when (not if) China finally decides to "reclaim" Taiwan.

I imagine it will be much similar to how Russia "freed" Crimea.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Interesting video here of the Ukrainian front...'longer than the Second World War, while being fought like the First World War':

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/04/12/zelensky-ukraine-matthew-chance-pkg-intl-ldn-vpx.cnn

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

To be clear, they aren't saying the front is longer than the WW2 front, but rather that the war has been going on for seven years now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

One of these days a nuclear power is going get fed up with all the drama and drop one into the middle of a 'pain-in-the-asses' military.

Just sayin'
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.