Steam Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow - June 24th

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 23, 2021, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

I'm thinking about getting the following:
Stellaris: Federations
Hegemony: Gold
Imperiums: Greek Wars

Problem is, I don't have time to play them.  But I can't help myself.  Games are my Precious......
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^Just a week ago Hegemony Gold - Wars of the Ancient Greeks was on sale @ GoG and I got it for US3.74. Imperiums: Greek Wars is on sale @ Steam for 17.99 which is 2.00 less than I got it for last month.

None of this of course solves your time problem...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

So far, I have in my bin, but have not pulled the trigger on:

Creeper World 4
Dual Gear
Constructor Plus
Close Combat: The Longest Day (somehow this is not in my library?)
Hearts of Iron IV DLC La Resistance
Global ATC Simulator
Clad in Iron: Carolinas and Manila Bay DLC

Total comes to $85.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Dual Gear looks quite tasty. Added to my cart. Damn your eyes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I am going to finally pull the trigger on War in the East-- The Beast from the East because everyone needs at least one giant, untamable Monster in their lives.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 25, 2021, 11:21:34 AM
I am going to finally pull the trigger on War in the East-- The Beast from the East because everyone needs at least one giant, untamable Monster in their lives.  O0
Do mother in laws count? :)

JasonPratt

Although I haven't played beyond the introductory tutorial missions, I really like Plane Mechanic Simulator, which has continued development with some steadiness adding new British WW2 planes; and of course it's 65% off right now.

Here was my demonstration video back near its first late-alpha release on Steam:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Does Matrixgames have a summer sale?

There are a few titles I've been holding off on buying, waiting to see if a sale pops.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Regarding Plane Mechanic Sim: it's still in late alpha (though very playable), in the sense that new planes were/are(?) coming. But the original dev abandoned the game (apparently?) and the new publisher, after some updates, has also abandoned it. I have no idea what the current state of the game is, although some reviews state the new publisher broke it.

I'll have to load up again and play for a while to see what's up, as I don't want to make a recommendation on outdated experiences.  :-\

(Besides, (1) I've been meaning to complete the game someday anyway; and (2) my Dad was a copter mechanic for the Navy in Vietnam, and this would be a nostalgic way to remember him, since he was interested in what I was doing with the game once upon a time.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of it before.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on June 25, 2021, 01:22:27 PM

There are a few titles I've been holding off on buying, waiting to see if a sale pops.

Matrix usually has a big Christmas sale, usually between Thanksgiving and the 1st week of January.  Also, you get an anniversary coupon on the anniversary of your first purchase with them.  Aside from that, they don't do too many big sales.

Grim.Reaper

Some of their products are on sale via steam

Uberhaus

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 25, 2021, 02:51:06 PM
Some of their products are on sale via steam
They can have quite good sales for Slitherine products on Steam.  The only possible drawback for some is that you only get a key for Steam, whereas with a Matrix/Slitherine purchase you get a download for Matrix and a key for Steam. 

Zulu1966

Quote from: Toonces on June 25, 2021, 01:22:27 PM

Lots of the Matrix games are in the steam sale - some with fairly hefty reductions. (even the CM games they have released) - not sure if correspondingly if you wanted to buy from Matrix direct.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Toonces

I was hoping to pick up a few games straight from Matrix.  For some reason I thought they had two sales a year, like maybe over 4th of July or something.  No biggie, there's plenty on Steam I want, too.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs