Imperium Great battles of Rome

Started by Anguille, July 31, 2021, 05:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Anguille on August 17, 2021, 09:35:09 AM
Quote from: Destraex on August 17, 2021, 09:20:45 AM
Anguille have you played multiplayer?
This game also kinda reminds me of praetorians
I have not played multiplayer. I usually don't have the time to do that unfortunately.

Indeed, it's somewhat similar to Praetorians.
Multiplayer is the main thing I purchased it for. But the game looks like it might run multiplayer on some patched up free VPN like himachi. If that does turn out to be the case I think it would barely make Steam's standard for claiming multiplayer and coop. I have a friend who would probably get it and play with me, but he is a technophobe that will struggle with anything barely technical like this.

I must say also. The troop types and skills are certainly not purely historical and some are just pure magic. But they fit the flavour of the period for superstitions and such.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on August 20, 2021, 06:57:29 PM
Easy for you to say Bob!
That's true.  Hard not to read the forums when you're the moderator. They should give you a stipend for unnecessary purchases.

Gusington

^I like the way you think, Bob. But would you believe it's actually the other way around and I pay to be here??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 20, 2021, 07:41:42 PM
^I like the way you think, Bob. But would you believe it's actually the other way around and I pay to be here??

...speaking of...our SSL certificate is due for renewal.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Does the site have a paypal account or something so we can support it?

Gusington

^You are very generous! I can't speak for JH but I've never felt comfortable asking for anything to support this place.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2021, 09:35:54 AM
^You are very generous! I can't speak for JH but I've never felt comfortable asking for anything to support this place.

Likewise... The best thing you guys can do to support us is to post about games!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

glen55

I can offer emotional support.  :smitten: :D
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

Does that include hugs? Because that's usually JH's department. 'Mission creep' and all that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Destraex on August 20, 2021, 06:51:17 PM
Multiplayer is the main thing I purchased it for. But the game looks like it might run multiplayer on some patched up free VPN like himachi. If that does turn out to be the case I think it would barely make Steam's standard for claiming multiplayer and coop. I have a friend who would probably get it and play with me, but he is a technophobe that will struggle with anything barely technical like this.
I can't say much about the Multiplayer but i think it's been tested and it should work afaik.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2021, 03:15:14 PM
I rather enjoyed the tutorial and am really impressed with the logistical system. The need to keep your army feed on the march? Pretty cool.  :arr:
Indeed, the logistical system is one of my favorite aspects as well. Requires good planning.

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on August 23, 2021, 02:46:46 AM
I rather enjoyed the tutorial and am really impressed with the logistical system. The need to keep your army feed on the march? Pretty cool.  :arr:
Indeed, the logistical system is one of my favorite aspects as well. Requires good planning.
In that case I heartily recommend the Hegemony series by Longbow Games, which is a bit like a simplified Total War but with a good logistics model. I have all the games in the series.

It's a lot of fun. Hegemony is Philip II Macedonians vs Greeks, Hegemony 2 is Caesar in Gaul, and Hegemony 3 is the rise of Rome in the Italian peninsula (Latin wars, Etruscans, Greeks etc).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

KR777

Quote from: Boggit on August 24, 2021, 11:03:24 PM
Quote from: Anguille on August 23, 2021, 02:46:46 AM
In that case I heartily recommend the Hegemony series by Longbow Games, which is a bit like a simplified Total War but with a good logistics model. I have all the games in the series.

It's a lot of fun. Hegemony is Philip II Macedonians vs Greeks, Hegemony 2 is Caesar in Gaul, and Hegemony 3 is the rise of Rome in the Italian peninsula (Latin wars, Etruscans, Greeks etc).
You've beat me to it!   :o :D