FoW Open Fire

Started by Bison, August 28, 2012, 10:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

DV8

If you are lookking to start FoW its an outstanding value. The minis are all plastic which is new for BF.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Jack Nastyface

I am glad to see that this new version of Open Fire includes infantry and guns.  The previous version had two sherms vs two stugs...apparently because no-one likes playing WWII infantry.

Somewhere at Grognews I make a whiney complaint about infantry not getting the love they deserve over tanks....but the FoW series has made a serious effort to shift their focus on armor-heavy battles and include more combined ops or infantry-themed games (I think the Cassino rules even include an "Infantry Aces" section).

Yours in gaming,

Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Bison

I went to a LGS today specifically because it advertised selling FoW minis and rulesets.  I get there and they no longer carry the product.  So I'll have to look for another store.

bayonetbrant

Scott at GA will ship them to you, but you need to call the store to pick what you want b/c there's more stuff they carry than they have time to keep updated on the site
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on August 28, 2012, 07:14:00 PM
I went to a LGS today specifically because it advertised selling FoW minis and rulesets.  I get there and they no longer carry the product.  So I'll have to look for another store.

I'll +1 Brant. I've ordered from Gamer's Armory and they were great.

This is an interesting move - I think they needed a solid starter set so that folks could pony up some short money and get into the game easily.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.