Bolt Action Released Early

Started by LongBlade, August 31, 2012, 11:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Just checked my email and noticed that a newsletter arrived about 1800 announcing Bolt Action had been released three weeks earlier than planned.

They also announced that if you buy the game through their newsletter link you'll get an exclusive mini. The link is here: http://www.warlordgames.com/us-store/bolt-action/rules-books/bolt-action-rulebook.html?utm_source=Warlord+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1f8324d123-BOLT_ACTION_RELEASED_EARLY_8_31_2012&utm_medium=email

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Let me guess, if I've already pre-ordered off of Amazon I still have to wait for the official release....
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

While I am waiting for the regular release and my copy to arrive I am torturing myself scouring the net for information on the game play.  While doing so I came across this announcement that you can pre-order Bolt Action Order Dice.

http://www.warlordgames.com/25352/pre-order-bolt-action-orders-dice/

What I can't seem to find is an explanation of how these dice fit into the rules or if they are needed to actually play the game using the rules.  Anyone know about these?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Maybe DV8 has read something. I haven't followed the game that closely.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DV8

I think they are just markers telling you what your order was to that squad.  I'm not entirely sure.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

TheCommandTent

So I found a conversation about them over on TMP

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=1720593691

It looks like for every unit you have on the table you need a corresponding counter/die/marker of one color or type.  Your opponent needs the same, one for each of his units.  Then you put them all in a cup/bag and then draw one out to see who gets to activate their unit.  Then so on and so forth until they are all drawn out and each unit has had a chance to activate.  At least that is what I get from reading the guys comments.

These dice from bolt action are just something to make the table look nice.  Also apparently there are 6 order types which fit perfectly on a six-sided die.  The price seems a bit steep $12.75 for a pack of 10 dice.

DV8

"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox