Military Sci-Fi Book

Started by the-isz, October 26, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the-isz

Thought I'd pass this along...

In September I released a military sci-fi book called "Day One". A lot of the research for it came from playing a game called Aurora4x (think of a hybrid between a 4x game and Harpoon).

Here's a quick marketing blurb about the book:

September 15, 2241

Near Mars, a traitorous admiral opens fire on a fleet he'd once led, and a Navy he'd once loved.

In Earth orbit, a drone pilot stands over the poisoned bodies of his co-workers, crying out in triumph as nine hijacked drones slam into their unsuspecting targets.

Thirty-six thousand kilometers below, citizens in the mega-city of Atlanta, Georgia, look to the sky as a massive ship plummets from orbit, the dying remains of the largest deep-space warship ever built... now the largest bomb ever conceived.

Sol War 1 has begun.

Day One is the first book in a multi-book military science fiction series that chronicles the Outer Colony's war of independence against Earth.

From the history of the Outer Colonies to the riots on Ganymede and a secretive plot for war, Day One presents an in-depth account of mankind's path leading to Sol War 1, as well as an unforgettable look at the events of the war's horrific opening day from those who experienced it: from fleet admirals and intelligence agents to technicians, refinery workers, and those who not live to see the end of Day One.

If you're intersted, check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099UYMXI

There's also a book website that has a ton of info (timelines, maps, ship specs, ship illustrations, etc.):
http://www.solwarone.com

The book is a bit different, as it's written as if it's a history book, so if you like history and sci-fi, you might enjoy it.

Thanks!

Staggerwing

Will do! It's hard to pass up at that price! You should add a post in the Kindle daily deal thread: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=142.0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Wow, cool The-Isz. Good luck with it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Purchased 'Day One' yesterday. Very enjoyable read so far. Congrats, the-isz.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Airborne Rifles

Very cool.  Just bought it for kindle.

GDS_Starfury

aurora has been a VERY cool free game is space 4x genre.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2012, 01:37:05 AM
aurora has been a VERY cool free game is space 4x genre.

Agreed, and it seems to lend itself well to fiction writing.  Maybe the minimalist graphics spur the imagination?  Steve Walmsley over at Aurora has written some good fiction that he's shared on the aurora site.

the-isz

I agree. It was playing Aurora that inspired me to get writing again - specifically for military sci-fi.

If you enjoy the book, don't forget to post a review on Amazon! As a first-time author, I need all the reviews I can get. :)

MIGMaster

Will do - if you do a movie version keep us in mind for parts  :)

the-isz

Ha! Will do. I suspect they'll be calling any minute now... Yep, any minute now. :)