Call of Duty Black Ops II

Started by LongBlade, November 13, 2012, 09:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 14, 2012, 05:37:57 AM
I'm interested in some L4D2 co-op though if there's any info on that (though UK might be a bugger getting a game in with you lot)

Black Ops 2 has Zombie mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjPolB8S5hg

JudgeDredd

^ I wouldn't have thought otherwise  ;D
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Good news. I played another campaign mission this morning. No issues. But I didn't try to take any more screenshots, either.

So the game is stable (for me), fast-paced, yes it's over the top. But fun.

So far I've only looked at the single-player campaign. I've only played two missions so far. I like it better than the original Black Ops, but it's not gripping me the way the old missions did. Good-not-great is how I'd describe it.

Next stop: zombies.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Just played a round of Zombies in Survival mode. I don't quite get it. Probably need to RTFM.

Although there is a solo option it appears as though Zombies is supposed to be a multiplayer game.

I started the game with a pistol and 40 rounds of ammo. When it was gone it was gone. No melee mode. No additional ammo that I could see. I survived two rounds and then gave up running from zombies while looking for loot. It looks like there is at least one other game type available. Again RTFM to figure out what's going on because it's not really clear. The UI is also wonky. Firing up the Zombie game I got a menu item that was labeled "Campaign." Figuring it was for a Zombies single-player campaign I selected it. Nope. It's for the regular campaign game. Anyway, Zombies looks OK, but it's not my fave. Might be fun with friends.

W8taminute

Ok so far it looks like Grogheads who own the game break down as follows:

• XBOX 360:  1 (possibly 2 but need confirmation)
  • PC Version: 1 (possibly 2 but need confirmation)

I was going to hold off on this game but if we can determine where the majority of Grogheads are going to be I'll buy that version.  I want to play online with you guys!!  (Hint: my preference is for 360 :) but I'll get the PC version if that is where the majority is)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Just played my first MP round. Hardcore CTF.

Thoughts are as follows:

• OMG I am such a noob.
  • My 17 inch laptop monitor may not cut it. Might have to look into exporting it to my TV screen.
  • This game is fast fast paced.
  • It didn't look like I could search for my own server. If that's the case I will not be happy. Again RTFM. Probably time to quit playing and do that now.

LongBlade

Hard Core S&D is the game we all know and love. Had a blast playing on two levels.

This game looks like a winner IMO.

Grimnirsson

Quote from: LongBlade on November 14, 2012, 10:47:12 AM
Just played a round of Zombies in Survival mode. I don't quite get it. Probably need to RTFM.

Although there is a solo option it appears as though Zombies is supposed to be a multiplayer game.

I started the game with a pistol and 40 rounds of ammo. When it was gone it was gone. No melee mode. No additional ammo that I could see. I survived two rounds and then gave up running from zombies while looking for loot. It looks like there is at least one other game type available. Again RTFM to figure out what's going on because it's not really clear. The UI is also wonky. Firing up the Zombie game I got a menu item that was labeled "Campaign." Figuring it was for a Zombies single-player campaign I selected it. Nope. It's for the regular campaign game. Anyway, Zombies looks OK, but it's not my fave. Might be fun with friends.

Hi LB,

here's some basic info, hope it helps  :)

http://www.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/Zombies

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

jomni

Quote from: LongBlade on November 14, 2012, 11:02:30 AM
This game is fast fast paced.

This is the reason why I stopped playing COD.

LongBlade

Quote from: jomni on November 15, 2012, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 14, 2012, 11:02:30 AM
This game is fast fast paced.

This is the reason why I stopped playing COD.

Hardcore Search & Destroy is much slower paced.

Weapons typically one-shot, but the tempo is much slower. But if you don't like Hardcore objective-based gaming then it won't matter.

In my eyes, Hardcore S&D makes this game a must-buy. This is exactly what I've been looking for. So far the maps are great, and a number of the guys I was gaming with last night (all strangers) were saying the same thing. Might be the best crop of maps ever.

Grimnirsson

QuoteMight be the best crop of maps ever.

Definitely. And they seem rather large for CoD maps - which is good :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

bob48

Can do L4D2 if you want JD. Just let me know. maybe we can grab a couple of other Grogs to make up the team. The time zone thing is not always a problem, so far we managed a game with Bison and Tent, and another with LB (oh boy, I can still see that Samuri sword swinging.....)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

How long is the solo campaign? 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on November 15, 2012, 05:26:29 PM
How long is the solo campaign?

Dunno. Once I found hardcore S&D I haven't looked back.