Main Menu

Comedic Sci Fi

Started by Con, January 07, 2013, 10:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

A really quirky tragicomic SF that is a hell of a read isDesolation Road by Ian McDonald.
It is a tour de force kind of thing.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

airboy

Quote from: besilarius on January 08, 2013, 07:08:39 PM
Bimbos of the Death Sun.

A Klassik.

A wonderful murder mystery with nerds and geeks at a Science Fiction Con. 

airboy

Myth Adventures series by Robert Asprin (first 5-6 are excellent).
The Harry Dresden series has some side splitting aspects.  But they are largely very serious.

The Road to Gandalpho is a plot to substitute someone for the Pope with the master planner a Patton type who goes off the deep end.

MetalDog

I read the first couple of Phule's Company, by Aspirin.  I remember enjoying them quite well.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Im looking to pick up a book called Red Shirts.  Im sure you can guess at the subject matter.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Con

I read it.  I like it a lot but I am a fan of John Scalzi especially his old man war series and Androids Dream.  They are very funny but hard hitting at the same time.  Red Shirts follows in the same vein with the theme being its never wise to be a bit player on an away mission.  Never become involved in the narrative!

Con

Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 07, 2013, 12:57:34 PM
Im looking to pick up a book called Red Shirts.  Im sure you can guess at the subject matter.
Ha.  Yeah, I've heard of it.  Looked pretty funny. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces