Excellent serialized pulp novel

Started by bayonetbrant, January 30, 2013, 09:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

A good friend of mine is publishing a pulp-inspired adventure novel in 250-word chapters

http://cliffhangertwofifty.blogspot.com/

he's also they guy that pointed me toward the Pulp-o-mizer site, which lets you make some awesome little book covers :)

Anyhow, Scout's Honor is a good little read and the chapters go by pretty quick, so if you get a chance, check it out.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Sweet!

(Link to the Pulpomizer site...?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

I did not just squee.

{ahem}

{fiddling}

This is almost certainly what a pulp magazine publisher who only glanced briefly through the book would make of CoJ. (I'd much like to see a pulp fantasy version of the program, which doesn't seem to exist yet, but converting it to sci-fi actually seems to help the joke: it doesn't really matter what the content is, the cover sells the issue. ;) )

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

hvogel

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 30, 2013, 09:28:41 AM
A good friend of mine is publishing a pulp-inspired adventure novel in 250-word chapters

http://cliffhangertwofifty.blogspot.com/

he's also they guy that pointed me toward the Pulp-o-mizer site, which lets you make some awesome little book covers :)

Anyhow, Scout's Honor is a good little read and the chapters go by pretty quick, so if you get a chance, check it out.

Hey everyone, I'm the friend who's writing the pulp adventure novel.  The novel isn't supposed to be anything but a fun romp of an adventure, one for which I'd love to get some feedback.  Also, for people interesting in reading the whole story, here's the link for the first chapter:

http://cliffhangertwofifty.blogspot.com/2012/05/scouts-honor-chapter-1.html

Take a look (and check out the Pulp-O-Mizer cover for the story)!

Henry