Achtung Panzer: Shield of the Prophet AAR

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 22, 2013, 02:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Dolan50 on June 13, 2013, 07:49:16 PM
Very good AAR! 8)
Really enjoyed it.

If your thinking of doing a WW2 AAR for this game you may like the Rakitnoe campaign.

Lots of forest area that channels the armor and mech forces and the infantry are very deadly in the forests especially against open topped AFVs.

It's also a very large campaign with plenty of tactical options if you choose to command the Allied forces also.

I decided to play the Fall Blau campaign.  After the drabness of the desert in the Shield of the Prophet campaign and the rain here, I wanted something green.

It's kind of jarring to jump back to a much more infantry-centric campaign.  I forgot how long it takes to get your little men around the battlefield. (and how easily they die.)

Dolan50

QuoteI decided to play the Fall Blau campaign

I never liked the Volokonovka map.Too many open fields.
Being an ex-infantryman I have an instinctive aversion to open spaces.

Matter of fact I haven't been happy with all these open maps being produced for the game lately.
I know they're easier to churn out but I'm not happy about it :(

The Mius Front map looks pretty busy and so does the Voronezh map being worked on for later additions to the series. So at least it's doesn't seem to be the new norm for the game by the developers.I guess we will just have to wait longer for the better more labor intensive maps to be completed.

The modern hardware on these open maps make it too difficult to keep track of what's going on since the engagement ranges are up to 1-2 sometimes 3 kilometers in some instances.

I'm in the camp for limited line of sight maps for modern weapons campaign DLCs. Actually,I just don't like open maps period.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

SgtRock

I hope that take the new UI and other improvements back to WWII soon.