GOG summer sale: whach ya gettin

Started by -budd-, June 19, 2013, 12:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I played and reviewed both when they were new. I liked Cossacks a lot more than American Conquest. Haven't played either in 10+ years, so I wonder how they hold up... 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I remember hearing a lot of good things about Cossacks 2 (and its sequel/updates), not so much about American Conquest for some reason which puzzles me as they're the same engine. (Then again the same devs wrote a WW1 game with the same engine, too, and it got pasted in the reviews. But we're talking about the same basic time period and military tactics for the other two games... ???)

I picked up the AmConq and Coss packages all together at GoG a few weeks back. Haven't played them yet. I seem to be too busy buying games (or rebuying them in those cases!) to play them...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Cossacks was just better put together. American Conquest was chaotic for me. I felt I had more control in Cossacks...never played Cossacks II.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd