2 Kindle books Panzer Tactics and Fighting Today's Wars

Started by PeaceFlower, July 04, 2013, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeaceFlower

EXPIRED deal only lasted a day or so.

Panzer Tactics: German Small-Unit Armor Tactics in World War II
http://www.amazon.com/Panzer-Tactics-German-Small-Unit-ebook/dp/B00CDWVNXG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372969336&sr=1-1

and

Fighting Today's Wars: How America's Leaders Have Failed Our Warriors
http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Todays-Wars-Americas-ebook/dp/B00CDWVMQE/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372969336&sr=1-2

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Rayfer

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

pwew, now I can sleep tonight!

Seriously, that Panzer Tactics book is good.  I bought a hard copy a few months ago and read quite a bit of it and it's wonderful.  Big, meaty book though.  Reading it on Kindle will be nice, but I'm not sure how well the maps will look on the Kindle's small screen, and there are also a ton of pictures. 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Toonces, get an iPad and you can zoom in and stuff. After all the free books Peaceflower has linked you've probably saved enough for one anyway. :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

More great books!  The only problem is to find time to read all of these.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."