Bathroom Graffiti...

Started by BanzaiCat, October 16, 2013, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

...yes I'm childish, but I find bathroom graffiti entertaining at times.

Technically, it's reading.

undercovergeek

lol, i do enjoy 'intelligent' graffiti as opposed to 'Norman sux cox' but i have whiled away many hours reading the various 'i can do this to you on this day at this time, ring this number' messages across the world

BanzaiCat

The best graffiti I ever saw was in the Radio-TV-Film building back at the old San Antonio College. None of the usual racist BS or nonsense; it was all artsy and nonsensical stuff, like people dropping acid and drawing what their perceptions presented.

That school, though, had graffiti in EVERY bathroom, over every square inch of space. Never a dull moment if you had to spend a few minutes in one. ;)

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 16, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
lol, i do enjoy 'intelligent' graffiti as opposed to 'Norman sux cox' but i have whiled away many hours reading the various 'i can do this to you on this day at this time, ring this number' messages across the world

Probably more nuanced in Estonian or Romni, possibly even romantic.

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 16, 2013, 06:46:50 PM
The best graffiti I ever saw was in the Radio-TV-Film building back at the old San Antonio College. None of the usual racist BS or nonsense; it was all artsy and nonsensical stuff, like people dropping acid and drawing what their perceptions presented.

That school, though, had graffiti in EVERY bathroom, over every square inch of space. Never a dull moment if you had to spend a few minutes in one. ;)

I recall two bits of bathroom graffiti in the Music Practice spaces at Wesleyan College. One was 'Holy S**T' in the most delicate illuminated lettering (using at least 4 colors) and the other was 'Save the Whales! Win valuable prizes!"

At the time they were quite hilarious. Lots of 'aromatherapy' and little ventilation, I guess...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DoctorQuest

"Use an action verb." LOL! Beware the grammer police. They are EVERYWHERE.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Steelgrave

Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 16, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
"Use an action verb." LOL! Beware the grammer police. They are EVERYWHERE.

Clearly it was BayonetBrant who used the stall after that guy   8)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

One of my soldiers once figured out that most ports-john graffiti can be sung to the tune of "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin, and then proceed to sing his way thru most of a road march, just to prove it...

To this day, whenever I see "Here I sit all broken-hearted..." I can't help but think of his musical, uh... "insanity" (yeah, let's go with that)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

That police call box one is cool but everyone knows that's Dr. Who not Sherlock Holmes or Moriarty like what someone wrote.   :coolsmiley:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Im guessing thats a British pisser.  might even be Bawbs pub.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

I was unimpressed. The drawing was rushed and school-grade. I would think Brits would have more patience and love for their art (and their Doctor for that matter).

bob48

...sorry, I was otherwise preoccupied...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!