CiV V Face Palms

Started by Windigo, October 17, 2013, 01:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

there are ways to disable the different packages at startup.

I'm not a huge fan of the great works / tourism aspect, but it's not overwhelming.

I do really like some of the civs in BNW - shoshone, indonesia, venice, poland - so I don't mind the rest too much
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think it's decent.  I do find that my game runs a lot slower now than it did prior to installing the BNW DLC.  Micromanagement isn't bad for the most part but trying to maximize the benefits of your works of art can be tedious and isn't explained as well as it could be.  The system really should be automated and allow you to simply click a button to achieve max tourism potential from either your city or inside a world wonder.  Having to pick one piece of art at a time, move it over to a wonder to see what benefits it gives is a bit of a chore.

BanzaiCat

Just had a rather weird Civ V moment.

I chose to play England in a Small Continents map. Everything's going fine. Then I notice something is off. I can't put my finger on it for a few turns, then realize it's because I haven't founded a religion yet.

Even though I have over 200 Religion (and your first Great Prophet spawns once you gain that many points), I've not had a GP appear.

I checked the drop-down in the Religion pop-up, where it says "Remind Me Later" and you can choose from there what you want to spawn...but that's all that is there, no other options.

The Religion pop-up also says, "Number of Religions remaining: 0"

I've never been beat to the punch for Religions so fast in a game. Not in one game, until now. And I thought I was pursuing the building of Shrines and such fairly quickly.

Freaking religious AI nutbags.  :o