Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I have some serious stick envy.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on August 27, 2021, 12:23:06 PM
I have some serious stick envy.   :-[

People tell me that a lot.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Oh my... :smitten:

There are some beautiful shots of the in development Eurofighter too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Yeah, the Apache is a day one buy. 

Part of why I wanted new pedals.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 27, 2021, 03:30:13 PM
Yeah, the Apache is a day one buy. 

Part of why I wanted new pedals.

I'm going to kick so much ass in that thing...assuming I can successfully get it off the ground.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 27, 2021, 03:41:27 PM
I'm going to kick so much ass in that thing...assuming I can successfully get it off the ground.

You know Virpil has a collective.....   O:-)

Skoop

Virpil collective looks sweet, just don't really have a setup that could accommodate a collective and fixed wing throttle.  Dcs Apache may change my mind on that, I could see the excitement getting me to mount a dedicated collective.  I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing modular throttles where you can change em from fixed to collective style and back.  Winwing Orion has that option on their throttle.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on August 27, 2021, 06:13:12 PM
Virpil collective looks sweet, just don't really have a setup that could accommodate a collective and fixed wing throttle.  Dcs Apache may change my mind on that, I could see the excitement getting me to mount a dedicated collective.  I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing modular throttles where you can change em from fixed to collective style and back.  Winwing Orion has that option on their throttle.

Yeah, I can't accommodate a collective either.  I still play at my work station.

I really want to do something like Jarhead did and have a separate station off where I work where I can do my simming.  Right now just not doable. 

I honestly don't do a lot of helo stuff, only the Huey in DCS.  The Apache will change that for sure. 

Toonces

I'm looking forward to seeing your set up, Andrew.  I don't have a space for my obutto cockpit right now, so I'm stuck not simming until I can come up with a set up that doubles as a work station like you.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on August 28, 2021, 03:50:18 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing your set up, Andrew.  I don't have a space for my obutto cockpit right now, so I'm stuck not simming until I can come up with a set up that doubles as a work station like you.

I'm actually considering an Obutto later.  I'd have to swap my "49 ultrawide to mount on it and get another monitor for my workstation.

I'm probably going to invest in a Virpil throttle and control box before I do that.

Yskonyn

The Apache will be a day one buy for me too, even though I am more a fixed wing kind of simmer.  :peace:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

I have to be honest, I'm far more interested in flying Russian jets and helos than US stuff. 

Having said that, the Apache is a no-brainer for making money. 

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on August 31, 2021, 12:32:50 PM
I have to be honest, I'm far more interested in flying Russian jets and helos than US stuff. 

Having said that, the Apache is a no-brainer for making money.

I'm highly tempted on the Hind. 

My Crosswinds shipped today and have a delivery of next week.  After I give them a spin with the Huey I may try the Hind out.  That's honestly been one of the things keeping from more Helo action, my current rudders just don't give me enough control. 

Still at the order confirmed on my Virpil Mongoose.  Going to put the truth to their advertisement that backorder time is 1-2 weeks now.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 03, 2021, 07:56:45 AM
Shit, yeah!

I am probably behind the times here and mentioned before, but when is the expected pre order and availability to actually play date?  Any time soon?