Best Way to Host Images for Posting in AARs

Started by ArizonaTank, February 10, 2014, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Hi All,

What is the best way / place to host images for posting to board based AARs?  I am looking for a free option, with some longevity and where it is easy to get the image URL.

Not certain where this belongs, so apologies if this query is in the wrong place.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

BanzaiCat

I don't know if this applies, but when I upload pics online that I want to share, I use Photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/

It's free to use and simple enough to figure out. Once you upload a pic to your library, you can click a gear icon on the image that will give you an option to "Get Links." Then you just click on the link you want, and it will automatically copy it for you to your clipboard. Then you just post it according to whatever rules you need to use.

mirth

+1 for Photobucket. It's the best free image host I have used.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

+3  Photobucket is what I used for my AAR's here on Grogs.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

looks like photobucket is the winner - i use imageshack

Barthheart

Martok

Another Photobucket user here.  It's free, and even I can figure out how to use it.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

KyzBP

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath