Wargame: Red Dragon

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2014, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

AchillesLastStand

This may be the DLC that gets me into playing again, really wish they would have done another iteration circa WW2 instead of that silly act of aggression.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 04, 2016, 02:51:33 AM
This may be the DLC that gets me into playing again, really wish they would have done another iteration circa WW2 instead of that silly act of aggression.

Agreed. Act of Agression was a tremendous disappointment. Talk about a dull RTS click fest...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2016, 05:48:11 AM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 04, 2016, 02:51:33 AM

Agreed. Act of Agression was a tremendous disappointment. Talk about a dull RTS click fest...

So much lost potential. I refunded the game twice.

undercovergeek

I'm hoping a successful Israeli dlc will guide them back to where their revenue stream should be

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 04, 2016, 08:38:29 AM
I'm hoping a successful Israeli dlc will guide them back to where their revenue stream should be

I don't see the Israeli DLC making much of a difference. Although it won the public vote, I don't see it really resulting in a tremendous amount of new players. Furthermore, in all probability, its going to be a relatively low cost release, probably $5.99 like the Netherlands DLC.

Honestly, so many of the comments in the Steam forums are so very offensive and anti-Semitic. I can't say I'm surprised, but if you ever want to be down on the state of humanity, just read a few pages of Steam forum comments.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2016, 08:58:03 AM

I don't see the Israeli DLC making much of a difference. Although it won the public vote, I don't see it really resulting in a tremendous amount of new players. Furthermore, in all probability, its going to be a relatively low cost release, probably $5.99 like the Netherlands DLC.

Honestly, so many of the comments in the Steam forums are so very offensive and anti-Semitic. I can't say I'm surprised, but if you ever want to be down on the state of humanity, just read a few pages of Steam forum comments.

Yeah, Steam's forum has been the ugliest place on the net for many many years now.
I just hope one day enough people will sue Valve over the harassment on the their forum, to make them start moderating it properly.

sandman2575

Steam forums... you will never find the more wretched hive of scum and villainy, as a famous Jedi once put it.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on October 04, 2016, 10:44:21 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 04, 2016, 08:58:03 AM

Yeah, Steam's forum has been the ugliest place on the net for many many years now.
I just hope one day enough people will sue Valve over the harassment on the their forum, to make them start moderating it properly.

Yeah...Steam blocks out bad words, but does nothing when it comes down to jokes about putting Jews in ovens or gas chambers. Hahaha...so funny.  :knuppel2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Seriously?

I knew it was bad - I know where it will be next too - the chat window on the front end of the game, that got so offensive the other night I just closed it, thank goodness there's a button that just turns it off - all of me hopes its just 15 year olds swearing because mummy and daddy can't see but all of me also knows there'll be adults in there

Back to the game - was ruse considered the ww2 forerunner to this series? I know it's been taken down on steam but it's findable somewhere I'm sure

jamus34

As soon as I saw what the dlc was my first thought was "here come the anti sematic jokes and internet haterade"

Overall just another reason I give a low long term outlook on our society.

To go on topic, I've been trying to get into the wargame games but damn are they tough. Played one mission that I thought i was winning and it just ended as a major loss for me. Still don't know exactly what happened.
Insert witty comment here.

Shelldrake

I have the most fun playing co-op with a friend or 2 against the AI.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JasonPratt

The R.U.S.E. game wasn't quite like the Wargame series, but close enough to count as the WW2 forerunner. Not sure why it wouldn't be on Steam -- my tentative guess would be the stupid UPlay requirements, but that hasn't stopped other things.  :crazy2:

I played it quite a while on PS3, back when I largely gave up PC games for a couple of years. Never did beat it -- couldn't quite figure out the best way to win the... Anzio invasion mission? (Can't recall.) It was a great (if sometimes salty) little cinematic RTS.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

magnus

OT

I had no idea that crap was allowed on Steam.

It should be an instant ban.

Continue, rant over.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 04, 2016, 02:48:47 PM
The R.U.S.E. game wasn't quite like the Wargame series, but close enough to count as the WW2 forerunner. Not sure why it wouldn't be on Steam -- my tentative guess would be the stupid UPlay requirements, but that hasn't stopped other things.  :crazy2:

I played it quite a while on PS3, back when I largely gave up PC games for a couple of years. Never did beat it -- couldn't quite figure out the best way to win the... Anzio invasion mission? (Can't recall.) It was a great (if sometimes salty) little cinematic RTS.

They had to take it down for licence reasons - iirc something like whoever allowed them to use Sherman's pulled their permission - that's the very barebones of it