BAE's Pioneer wargaming platform adds MS cloud capabilities

Started by Jarhead0331, December 06, 2022, 09:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

BAE Systems is expanding the network of companies in its modeling and simulations ecosystem to include Microsoft. With this addition, BAE Systems' Pioneer™ wargaming platform will use Microsoft's Azure cloud computing enabled services to deliver more realism in the platform's high fidelity simulations providing customers increased confidence in decision making.

"Microsoft Azure is widely regarded as a prominent provider of cloud computing services for government," said Peder Jungck, vice president and general manager of BAE Systems Intelligence Solutions. "As the cloud provider of choice for our wargaming platforms in our Pioneer ecosystem, our customers will now benefit from its advanced capabilities."

"Microsoft is currently advancing its cloud technologies to deliver new levels of co-reasoning between humans and machines across physical and virtual worlds," said Wes Anderson, vice president, Defense Operating Unit at Microsoft Federal. "With tight collaboration with partners like BAE Systems who have a long history of supporting the Department of Defense, we can unlock new opportunities for mission and organization leaders to transform data into action through gaming, exercising, modeling, and simulation."

Pioneer™ is a system-of-systems that enables wargame operations across multiple domains, including land, air, sea, space, and cyber. The platform uses cutting edge, explainable artificial intelligence (AI) based on linguistic geometry, machine learning, and predictive analytics. It delivers a truly immersive environment with critical verified, validated, and accredited analytics to provide a competitive and information advantage.

https://www.baesystems.com/en/article/bae-systems-adds-microsoft-to-modeling-and-simulations-ecosystem
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Interesting.  My guess is this BAE developed wargaming is not for the general public?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I interviewed with BAE for a technical writer's job about 20 years ago. It was quite - rigorous. Did not get the job :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on December 06, 2022, 10:16:34 AM
Interesting.  My guess is this BAE developed wargaming is not for the general public?

Correct. We talked previously about this when BAE acquired BISims. There was some concern that this would impact ARMA, but that is developed by Bohemia Interactive, a totally separate entity.

When BAE purchased BISims, I bought a bunch of stock in BAE. It's been one of the few positions in my portfolio that has steadily stayed in the green.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

^Very nice, and good choice for buying stock.

Gus at least you got an interview.  I applied for a job there but never heard a response.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

It was definitely one of the more intense interviews I have participated in. I assume the company culture has not changed - in 2002 it felt like I was applying to join an elite military unit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2022, 12:59:03 PM
It was definitely one of the more intense interviews I have participated in. I assume the company culture has not changed - in 2002 it felt like I was applying to join an elite military unit.

I totally get what you're saying.  BAE is a customer of ours dealing mainly with semiconductor components for military and space applications.  The standards used in this industry are quite rigorous requiring the individual to do their jobs in a very specific manner.  Deviation from the requirements are not tolerated and every product is under the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) scrutiny.