Main Menu

Loud FRIDAY!!!

Started by Nefaro, February 05, 2016, 08:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

World of Warships & Steel Ocean most likely, here.

bboyer66

World of Warships:   The new time suck

Iracing:   Zandvoort this week 

Armello: Have heard good things about this

Arctic Blast

XCom 2. And beginning to work my way through the ridiculous stack of new board game acquisitions that a series of trades, a national math trade, and a recent online store purchase have left me with.

Skoop

PMDG Boeing 777 and 737.....tubeliner mania for me the last month.  ORBX California release fueled it.  FYI San Diego airport is one hell of a difficult airport to land at....it will test your skills.

Tuna

Played a lot of World of Warships this morning with Nef, think we won every match we were in practically!.. Tried to play Civ V with a co-worker last night, but his CPU kept overheating and shutting his PC down, so that was kind of a fail  :'(. Oh yeah and sent harassing emails to Bayonet Brandt yesterday  :crazy2:.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 06, 2016, 03:37:48 PM
Played a lot of World of Warships this morning with Nef, think we won every match we were in practically!..

We dealt some punishment.  O0

QuoteTried to play Civ V with a co-worker last night, but his CPU kept overheating and shutting his PC down, so that was kind of a fail  :'(. Oh yeah and sent harassing emails to Bayonet Brandt yesterday  :crazy2:.

I've fixed numerous peoples' overheating computers in the past, after it had been working fine for a number of years, because the airflow through their tower was too restricted.  Which, in turn, made the thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink slowly dry up and bake off over time.  Then their CPU would start overheating after running a program.

Just a matter of carefully taking off the heatsink/fan, cleaning the remanants, and applying more thermal paste (Arctic Silver AS5) before re-mounting.  If you've done it before.

The airflow issues were usually due to people placing their computer towers in some enclosed cabinet or desk slot where it barely fit and the case fans just kept drawing in the hot air it was just exhausting in the restricted space.  So the CPU running excessively hot for years would eventually wear down the thermal transfer paste until it eventually couldn't keep up in it's cooling duties.  :buck2:

Just a likely cause I'd seen regularly when repairing them.  May wanna relay that.

Tuna

He did the thermal paste.. funny thing is, his MB and CPU is my 16 year old's former.. which I did the Thermal paste once to, to fix the same issue and it worked fine till he upgraded.. Maybe the Fan is not doing it's job.. He said his wife turned on the heat in the house, so maybe that didn't help.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 06, 2016, 05:11:23 PM
He did the thermal paste.. funny thing is, his MB and CPU is my 16 year old's former.. which I did the Thermal paste once to, to fix the same issue and it worked fine till he upgraded.. Maybe the Fan is not doing it's job.. He said his wife turned on the heat in the house, so maybe that didn't help.

Ha!  Tower sitting in a box in front of the heat vent?   :P