Graviteam's Steel Armor Blaze of War returns

Started by Krabb, March 02, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krabb

Renewed rerelease on GamersGate
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

From Gravi's Facebook:
- updated to the recent version of GTOS engine
- international version (Eng/Rus in one package; determined from the OS language)
- slightly modified interface and adjusted game mechanics
- revised Iran battlefield and training battlefields
- M60 and T-62 interactive cockpit
- M60 and T-62 driver night vision devices added

If you bought the game earlier, simply redownload it in your library.

Nefaro

Kick ass.  Revised interface?  I don't expect the world there, but improved UI with this guy's games is always a plus. 

As with their Achtung Panzer/Graviteam Tactics, it's fun because it's dual-layered.  Strategy & Sim together.  Now that I have SBPro, which has a playable T-62 IIRC, I probably don't need to bother with the T-62 except maybe if I feel like the specific settings in SABOW.  But a playable M-60 is welcome when I want some retro 105 from the 70s.

jomni

Nice. Maybe it's time to play again. I like the sound when your tank gets hit. Like sitting inside a metal drum and someone bangs at it.

fond memories. I have a blog post about this back in 2011.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.sg/2011/12/steel-armor-cold-war-tank-showdown.html

Asid

I have had SABOW for a while and think it is great.

Nice blog entry Jomni :)

I have been using Steel Fury Khatkov 42 lately. That is also excellent.
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Boggit

Just wondering - I have APOS and the Zhalanskol, Operation Hooper, and Shield of the Prophet modern dlcs. Is this a rehash of the same or something quite new?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Boggit on March 03, 2015, 11:57:08 AM
Just wondering - I have APOS and the Zhalanskol, Operation Hooper, and Shield of the Prophet modern dlcs. Is this a rehash of the same or something quite new?

You're talking about a totally different game. Steel Armor is primarily a tank simulation, with a strategic element. APOS is completely strategic, with no direct simulation or control of vehicles.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 03, 2015, 12:24:22 PM

You're talking about a totally different game. Steel Armor is primarily a tank simulation, with a strategic element. APOS is completely strategic, with no direct simulation or control of vehicles.
Gotcha! O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on March 03, 2015, 12:53:17 PM

Gotcha! O0

But Op Hooper and Shield of the Prophet campaigns ported over from SABOW to AP/GT.  They were originally done for SABOW.

RyanE

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on March 03, 2015, 04:27:38 PM
Quote from: Boggit on March 03, 2015, 12:53:17 PM

Gotcha! O0

But Op Hooper and Shield of the Prophet campaigns ported over from SABOW to AP/GT.  They were originally done for SABOW.

But SABOW  has the same operational map and tactical game.  You can even give commands to them exactly in the same way as Graviteam Tactics.  But they auto resolve battles that do not involve the drivable  tanks and not let you play them like GT. 

Wish they made all tanks drivable and play all operational and tactical battles like GT. That would the the killer app.

Just played and interface still sucks.   Have to relearn everthing.

jomni

I dunno.  But I feel the UI became worse.  >:D

jomni

Turorial:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11215.0

Despite owning the game for so long,  I learned something new like the WP smoke, anti-personnel rounds, M60 range finder, and the commander auto-ranging. :D

jomni

Big warning from Graviteam. Gamersgate Steel Armor installer will install on your Graviteam Tactics by default. Users must change the path manually. Only for Gamersgate Graviteam Tactics. Lucky I have Steam GT.

Krabb

The warning is no longer in effect. Installer has been updated on GamersGate.