Wargamer.com revamp affects Schwerpunkt?

Started by spelk, February 10, 2016, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Just wondered if Ron or anyone here knows whats happening regarding Schwerpunkt's presence for discussion now? The old wargamer forums were a major home for Schwerpunkt players and for info from Ron... has there been anything sorted over there to cater for that?

Or is here now the Schwerpunkt forum home from home?

Just enquiring...

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'd would be great if Schwerpunkt landed here.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

All I know is that Ron is continuing to post in the forum section setup for his company.

Barthheart

GAH!  :o  I obviously didn`t know what happened today over there....  :P It was fine yesterday when I checked in to see what Ron was up to.

Someone here (cough) Brant (cough) should send him a note telling him he`s more than welcome to make this his new home.

Staggerwing

Damn- looks like the Wargamer was nuked from orbit...  :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

MikeGER

the old forum is still functional and the "Reply" buttons was not greyed-out when i logged in today to check it.

i hope its stays this way as a 'parallel universe'. seldom visited but there to study as a heritage of wargaming and wargaming community history

Boggit

At least you could log in... Mine kept rejecting although I used to have "Guard of Honor", or some such attached to my username as I used to be a regular forum poster there before I migrated to Grogheads.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

rdockal

I hope to be spending more time here at GrogHeads also.  The Schwerpunkt web site, which has been on The Wargamer since 1995, has been deleted.  I contacted the new owners, but have not heard anything other than they would look into it.  This evening I asked GrogsHead if they would host my web site.  Any influence would be appreciated.

Funny back story to the Schwerpunkt web site.  Mario Kroll set me up on The Wargamer in 1995.  He was a big advocate of small Independent wargame businesses, and we are forever grateful.  Slitherine, another excellent company, did not know I was hosted there for all of these years!  So when the latest ownership changed, it was not known that I existed on there!

There are no villains in this story.  Schwerpunkt just needs a new home.

Ron

mirth

I think Grogheads would love to have you, Ron.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

We're going to discuss it among the ownership group :)

We'll get in touch with Ron directly
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Cyrano

Whoo-hoo, Mirth, get your hairy legs off the couch and, for God's sake Vance, put on some trousers.

We've got lodgers!!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

I say, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Hell Yes to hosting Schwerpunkt.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.