Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
And after all that hoo-hah about "upgrade you bastards, it's the final Windows version we swear!!"  ::)
Computer Gaming / Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 07:57:41 PM »
Windows 10 was supposed to be the last version of windows. It appears that has changed with what many people seem to think is windows 11 leaked. Along with this leaked news we have an end date for windows 10 now. 10/14/2025 being the retirement date for windows 10.

June 24 is the date the new version of windows is set to be shown by Microsoft I believe.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

https://lifehacker.com/dont-install-the-leaked-windows-11-build-1847115234

Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 07:50:48 PM »
Mechwarrior5 - I now have 3 other friends that potentially could fill out my coop campaign roster. Most I have had is me, two friends and one AI before.

Apart from that hoping to get some star citizens and who knows what else in.
Computer Gaming / Re: Rowan Comeback - Flying Corps
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 07:39:23 PM »
Perhaps it will run in one of the windows 10 compatibility mode. Otherwise a virtual machine might be in order.
Might I add that the English in the Steam description is a little broken.
« Last post by Tripoli on Today at 07:22:27 PM »
Looks like it is only OS: Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP.  While I really liked FC back in the day, I'm not sure that this will be worth it, especially when Wings over Flanders Field is available.
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 07:14:03 PM »
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP (Windows 95 not supported)
Processor: 400 MHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent
Graphics: DirectX
DirectX: Version 5.2
Storage: 70 MB available space

Exactly the reason to keep a few nice old Win98 and XP rigs around. Maybe even a Win95 box if you really want to hedge your bets on even older games.
Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Myrmidon on Today at 07:11:37 PM »
Ever more Dominions 5 MP games for me.  In the Grogsgame, I barely but stubbornly hang on as Lemuria(stan), thwarting never ending invasions by would be conquerors.

Other than that, got a Spartan vs Thracian match going down in FoG2.  Any other spare time shall be spent dabbling in Wizards and Warlords.

Happy weekend to you all!
I enjoy many of the American Civil War and Napoleonic games but in the is sale I want to try something different.  Have three in mind: 

1) Naval Campaigns-Guadalcanal. I know nothing about these naval games, is this worth the time and effort to learn?

2) Modern Campaigns: was thinking of either Danube Front, North German Plain or Fulda Gap. I've played a couple of the the WW2 campaign games but none for the modern series. Either of these better than the others?

3) Squad Battles: either Vietnam or Tour of Duty.  I've played SB's WW2 so I know he basics. Either of these two better than the other?

All of the Modern Campaigns titles play similarly, but I believe Danube Front combines all of the maps from the other titles in the series allowing you to play out the war across the entire front.

Both SB: Vietnam and ToD are good games. I think ToD has a campaign, whereas I don't believe Vietnam does. Take a look at the scenario lists and see which one appeals to you most. I think Vietnam might have some more diversity over ToD.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 06:57:36 PM »
Does it even support Windows 10?
Computer Gaming / Re: Earth 2
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 06:25:46 PM »
According to Upper Echelon's video, it's only blocked in some countries like the UK and Italy and Australia (the home country of the devs).   :idiot2:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10