Magic the Gathering...the movie?

Started by MetalDog, June 14, 2014, 08:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

There's no denying that part of the fun of playing MtG was all the flavor text on the cards.  There was a wealth of history, quotes and over all gaming goodness on them.  Now, it looks like Fox is putting in motion a plan to bring Dominaria to the silver screen.  They have tapped one of the screenwriters from Game of Thrones to script it.  There doesn't appear to be a rush job on production, but, knowing this is coming down the line makes me itch to take my cards out and duel!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/13/5807708/magic-the-gathering-movie-hires-game-of-thrones-writer
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

No.  Just no. 

I love D&D, but it should not have been turned into a movie -- and neither should this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Oh, I don't know.  As long as they don't bring a card playing aspect in to the story, there is enough flavor text on those cards to carry several movies.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob