Casey Kasem dead at 82

Started by Martok, June 15, 2014, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Link

Sounds like he was in pretty bad shape his last weeks/months, so I'm glad that at least his suffering is over.  Still, he was a voice I grew up with; he'll be missed.  RIP, Mr. Kasem. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Many was the Sunday night that I laid in bed listening to American Top 40.  I soon put two and two together and got Shaggy.  And Robin.  The man had a great voice and a positive energy that couldn't be beat.

A countdown from 10 to 1 of things you might not know about Casey Kasem.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=873101&ocid=rr-mus-news
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Casey was the voice of Sunday afternoons back in Germany in the mid-80s, as American Top 40 was religious listening for us.  I still have tapes of songs off the radio back then, including most of the end-of-year countdowns for '84 and '85.  He was required listening then, and I hated when he turned it over to someone else.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 15, 2014, 08:58:45 PM
Dr. Demento was better.

To continue the Sunday night line up, AT40 was over at 9.  The there was a comedy show that had skits from Stiller & Meara, Bob Newhart, Monty Python, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, et al.  And at 10 was Dr. Demento.  All in all, a great way to spend a Sunday night going to sleep as a ten year old.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd