The Warthog LIVES!!!

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 18, 2015, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

mirth

Quote from: republic on February 26, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
An interesting article over at Strategypage.com  http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20150225.aspx

Good read. This is impressive:

QuotePilots often average about a hundred hours a month in the air while in Afghanistan.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

No love for the A-10 among the Army's top brass...

QuoteGiven the choice between adopting the A-10 fighter jets to his branch of the military and resigning them to the scrap yard, Army Sec. John McHugh thinks the choice is obvious.

According to McHugh, there's just "no chance" that the Army would ever consider adopting the jets, DOD Buzz reports.

"With our own aircraft fleet we're taking some pretty dramatic steps to reconfigure and become more affordable, and the A-10 mission is not something we considered," McHugh stated. "That's an Air Force mission as it should be and I'm sure the Air Force feels the same way."

source: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/26/army-says-no-chance-it-would-ever-save-the-a-10s-from-scrap-yard/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

republic

I don't understand what is supposed to take over the duty of CAS.  The F-35 can't carry enough weaponry or loiter long enough...not to even speak of the price...

It would be like replacing the HMMWV with this:

Centurion40

I guess that we'll never make successful Army or Air Force bureaucrats.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 27, 2015, 11:28:31 AM

I'm okay with that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

jejo68

Quote from: mirth on February 27, 2015, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on February 27, 2015, 11:28:31 AM

I'm okay with that.
Depends on your definition on successful bureaucrats  :)

OJsDad

Quote from: LongBlade on February 27, 2015, 09:59:12 AM
No love for the A-10 among the Army's top brass...

QuoteGiven the choice between adopting the A-10 fighter jets to his branch of the military and resigning them to the scrap yard, Army Sec. John McHugh thinks the choice is obvious.

According to McHugh, there's just "no chance" that the Army would ever consider adopting the jets, DOD Buzz reports.

"With our own aircraft fleet we're taking some pretty dramatic steps to reconfigure and become more affordable, and the A-10 mission is not something we considered," McHugh stated. "That's an Air Force mission as it should be and I'm sure the Air Force feels the same way."

I wonder if this is a truthful opinion, or is he just spewing the party line. 

source: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/26/army-says-no-chance-it-would-ever-save-the-a-10s-from-scrap-yard/
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

the Army doesnt have the budget or mandate to operate them.  its fun and all to say give em to the Army but the reality just doesnt work that way.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 27, 2015, 03:10:04 PM
the Army doesnt have the budget or mandate to operate them.

Congress could change both.

GDS_Starfury

I dont think the Army wants the logistic or bureaucratic tail that goes with them.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

I think the Army Secretary doesn't want them. I'm sure the Army could figure out what to do with them if they had them.

GDS_Starfury

not with their current budget.

mirth

The fairy GodSenator will help with that.

Airborne Rifles

Army generals grow up leRning how to lead soldiers. Air Force generals grow up learning how to schmooze congress for money. Culture differences...