Space!

Started by mirth, February 27, 2018, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

So I don't know if anyone else saw this, but Russia has it's own Space Force. Something I've not seen reported in mainstream media, but then again I usually avoid them like the plague. They've had such a thing off and on for a while, and started it back up in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Space_Forces

http://eng.mil.ru/en/structure/forces/cosmic.htm

I don't see any memes making fun of them, lol. Perhaps I'm just missing something.

And they're rather pissy that we're considering doing our OWN thing...

https://www.airforcetimes.com/flashpoints/2018/06/21/russia-warns-of-a-tough-response-to-creation-of-us-space-force/

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 22, 2018, 07:03:01 AM
Fake, because we all know the Enterprise wasn't constructed on a planet's surface.  :nerd:

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Blasphemy of a corrupted timeline!!!!!

Turn in your phaser and communicator, Ensign.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

He is not of the Timebody.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DoctorQuest

But he keeps running around yelling "festival, festival!!!"

Wait. He went to Origins, right?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Airborne Rifles

Space Force art:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

BanzaiCat

"Bunnies, Mr. Rico! Zillions of 'em!"