USMC Organizational Changes

Started by bayonetbrant, May 15, 2018, 09:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

So they're reducing a squad of 13 to 12, removing one Marine.

Fire teams were 4 Marines each, but the story says they're going to 3 Marines each. If a squad has three fire teams and each are reduced by one Marine, that's three Marines, not one. The math ain't adding up here. What am I missing?

I'm definitely no tactician or experienced grunt, but it seems to me having another set of eyeballs in a fire team is worth its weight in gold; adding more drones and automatic weapons won't make up for that much, will it?

Toadkillerdog

3 Marines per Fire Team x 3 = 9

Squad Leader, Corporal (assistant), and Squad Systems Operator (i.e., Drone operator) = 3

9+3 = 12

mirth

stay in school kids. Math is useful later in life.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 16, 2018, 07:39:08 AM
Fire teams were 4 Marines each, but the story says they're going to 3 Marines each. If a squad has three fire teams and each are reduced by one Marine, that's three Marines, not one. The math ain't adding up here. What am I missing?

reading... 

Quote from: the articleTwo new positions — assistant squad leader and squad systems operator — are also being created for each squad, Alvis' statement said.

;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I saw that statement about the extra leader positions but I assumed they were coming from the 3-per-fire-team group and not tacked on. The way the story was worded it wasn't very clear.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 16, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
I saw that statement about the extra leader positions but I assumed they were coming from the 3-per-fire-team group and not tacked on. The way the story was worded it wasn't very clear.

read: Math is hard....

BanzaiCat

F*ck math! I just misread it, sheesh. Too bad you boys aren't in Congress.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 16, 2018, 09:45:20 AM
F*ck math! I just misread it, sheesh. Too bad you boys aren't in Congress.

Ok... read: comprehension is hard.....

BanzaiCat

Don't you have a black hole to create to end all life on Earth or something?

Barthheart

bbmike

Just don't smash Professor Proton!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak